From A Bublical Point Of View Did You Ever Think The Trinity Doctrine Made Sense?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

I spent about two years in deep study on the Trinity. I can honestly say that I understand it about as much as I can. I had an epiphany when I realized two things: JWs think the Trinity is modalism (and so the questions they ask are moot), and when I began thinking of Jesus as literally God's Word and viewing scriptures with that in mind. It really changed my perception and brought a lot of clarity to this issue.

• Violia
    Violia

If not taken literally, yes I can see how it makes sense. There is the father , son and holy spirit. That is 3, and they can all be one in purpose. If trying to create a 3 headed monster, yes it sounds strange.

• Violia
    Violia

also, we are imposing our interpertation of what makes up a body or a person on the spirit world. 3 humans can't be in one body and we can't pray to ourselves but that is imposing human limits on the spiritual world.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“fastJehu”: One ELEMENT = H2O ---> but H2O can have one of the 3 conditions: water - ice – steam.”

Actually, H 2 0 (water) is two elements – hydrogen and oxygen – not one, resulting in one compound (not one element). [glasses icon]

“cofty”: “I accepted the doctrine as an imperfect post-biblical attempt to reconcile the deity of Jesus with monotheism.”

Now that is the most logical and plausible explanation on this thread.

“Coded Logic”: “You can use the Bible support or condemn just about anything you want as it so often has contradictory claims.”

That’s about it. The Bible’s cumbersome length and its ridiculously abstract and obscure, poetic (artsy-fartsy) styles lend itself to an infinite number of ambiguous – and, of course, self-serving – “interpretations.”

“lriddle80”: “I think of it like a family. God is a family consisting of The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.”

That’s a good analogy – except that the “Holy Spirit” is not supposed to be considered a separate being, or “person,” but, rather, God’s “active force”; that is, whatever non-physical “thing,” or “tool,” which God uses in accomplishing His purpose – like the WT’s example of us using electricity.

“NAVYTOWN”: “My view is that there may in fact be some sort of Ultimate Force that caused 'everything' to come into existence. But I don't think humans have the intelligence level at present to understand it. The churches certainly don't have the answers.”

That is my stance, exactly! Couldn’t have said it better myself. I think that if there is any kind of “Ultimate Force,” then it’s absolutely nothing like anything anybody says it is, especially any religion! (I.e., they’re all wrong. They’re like little ants crawling on an elephant and trying to guess what it is.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit