Trading Spaces

by simplesally 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Quincy
    Quincy

Nakita...I agree with you...well you already know how I feel about Hildy...LOL...I didnt realize how many people are into Trading Spaces like us....Q

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I LOVE that show!! I also watch Changing Rooms and Ground Force on BBC America :)Ty Pennington on Trading spaces is acomplete cutie pie (much cuter than Changing Room's Handy Andy! LOL) I agree that Vern's designs are the best on Trading spaces...very classy. Frank's are ok sometimes, but he very often uses pastel shades which I don't care for. I usually HATE Laurie Hickson Smiths. And did I mention Ty is a hottie? LOL!

Betweenworlds

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

I have to agree with Xander...this show is very much like "Changing Rooms." I had been watching it on BBC America for about a year before I discovered Trading Spaces. I much prefer Changing Rooms, because as Xander said, the designers are so much better at what they're doing. Except for Lawrence....ewwww!!

I do enjoy the heck out of Trading Spaces, though. Like you guys I was horrified at the 'straw' walls. What were they thinking? Loved Laurie's mellow look for her room in the episode where Doug did the 'zen-goth' room in blood-red. That adiptic (sp?) painting turned out very nice...might have to do something like that for my own house.

BTW, I'm also undecided about Doug. He does come off as being very self-absorbed, but I've been informed by more than one of my co-workers this morning that he's "dreamy." LOL!

Brian

• Quincy
    Quincy

Did any of yall ever watch 1900 House or Frontier House? I watched 1900...loved it....missed Frontier...but heard it made 1900 house look like a sinch...Q

• Angharad
    Angharad

We sometimes watch changing rooms, there was one on the other week where they had redone someones bedroom and she walked in a burst into tears because she hated it so much. It did look awful though I think I would have done the same - we dont get Trading Spaces in the UK

• Mulan
    Mulan

I watched for the first time yesterday. I loved it!! I really loved the things Frank did in that kitchen, with the Mexican theme. The ceiling painting sounded awful, but looked great. The metal on the wall and the bright colors were gorgeous. The table treatment was wonderful. I just loved it all.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

betweenworlds:

i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that's in love with tai.

• Nikita
    Nikita

To Quincy-Now I know WHO you are for sure! LOL!

I enjoyed Frontier House very much!

Nikita

"I think you ought to like what you do. Because there's a reasonably
    good chance no one else is going to."
    Rich Mullins

• Quincy
    Quincy

Nakita...yes yes....I guess you could also tell by the picture? LOL....when you get a chance...try to find out when the frontier house is comin on again.....Q

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I like Trading Spaces too. I love decorating shows. I love Home and Garden Television and I love the decorating shows that give you inexpensive do-it-yourself ideas. I especially like Decorating Cents. On that show, a designer will makeover a room for under $500.00. I get a kick seeing the before and after shots.

Quincy,

I watched 1900's house here on PBS. I loved it! It's amazing the things we have now, in this day and age, that we take for granted. For instance, shampoo. Also, after all of the stress of not having 20th century conveniences, and having to live with the restrictions put on victorian women, the Mom of the family has a complete emotional meltdown.

I watched the last part of Frontier House. This involved more than one family. They had to build the cabins themselves too. I thought it much more difficult to survive there. Sad moment on the show: One of the young boys job was to care for the chickens and gather eggs. One of the hens quit laying for some reason. Well, the young boy thought of this hen as a pet. However, the realities of frontier life dictated that if she wasn't producing, she was to become dinner. So, the Dad, with the family watching, beheaded the chicken. Harsh.

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit