Trading Spaces

by simplesally 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• simplesally
    simplesally

Anybody else watch it?

I so want to make my own ottoman now. I have seen them do it a couple times it looks easy.

We've totally redone our house. Only have a few more things to do. But I sure would be in for a trade of space for the bedroom. I so don't feel like starting another room!

• gumby
    gumby

Well.....I don't usually answer girly threads but i will on this one.....it is a cool show!
    I am watching it now on the marathon show. They do crap no one would ever think of......and it looks good when they get finished!

• Scully
    Scully

Trading Spaces is one of my favorite shows!

They have some great decorating ideas.... and some..... I would NEVER want in my house!!

It looks like a lot of fun though.

Love, Scully

• jaded
    jaded

That show is addictive! It's so funny when someone says not to touch the ceiling fan or fireplace and you just know that will be the first thing to go. One poor lady hated her finished room so much that she had to leave the room. You could hear her sobbing off camera.

Did anyone see the episode where they glued straw all over one of the walls? I think that would have made me cry!

• Scully
    Scully

I usually love Vern's designs.... he's the favorite out of all the designers on the show.

Hildie's ideas are my least favorite. What is with all this stapling bolts of fabric to the walls and ceilings?? And spray painting upholstered furniture?? Sorry, but keep that woman away from my house!!

Frank's ideas are usually ok.... but he can be a bit "out there" - like the time he painted a Mexican blanket design on a kitchen ceiling.

Genevieve likes wood too much for my taste, but she's ok.

Love, Scully

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

i watched almost the entire marathon with my dad yesterday! we were both sick, and we just hung out.

frank and vern are my favorites.

hildie is a pain in the ass.

i'm going to marry the carpenter, tai.

• detective
    detective

Yeah, the grass thing was a nightmare! I like Laurie's designs (the redhead) and I like Hildie's mellow designs but when she gets crazy it just never works. Anybody else think that the designer Doug comes off like a self-absorbed jerk? Frank likes his own artwork a little too much, in my opinion. If he were assigned to a room in my home I'd be disappointed. It'd be a bit to frou-frou for my taste.

• Xander
    Xander

It seems quite a bit like the BBC show 'Changing Rooms'. Only, of course, without all the British accents.

Wife and I can't decide which we like better. The designers on the British show are MUCH better artists, etc. OTOH, 'Trading Spaces' tends to design rooms more like we'd like.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• TR
    TR

Paige is HOT!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Nikita
    Nikita

Vern& Laurie, sometimes Frank
    [>:(] Hildie
    Undecided about Doug and Genevieve!
    LOVE "Trading Spaces"
    Husband HATES it

The straw idea was IMO the worst idea ever-although I liked how the rest of that particular room came out. I liked the Mexican Kitchen but it isn't for my kitchen-wouldn't work!

I just know if I traded spaces they'd send me Doug to work with and Hildie to decorate my home-UGH!

Nikita

"I think you ought to like what you do. Because there's a reasonably
    good chance no one else is going to."
    Rich Mullins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit