Trading Spaces

by simplesally 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Quincy
    Quincy

Beautiful....
    Yes...I missed all of Frontier house....it is amazing what we have...I probably shouldnt laugh at this...but the funniest part of 1900 is when the mother started getting so upset and crying...I thought she was gonna crack up! HOLLA Q

• Xander
    Xander

Watched a litte of both. Couldn't get into the Frontier House one - that one lady was just SO whiney - it was very, very irritating.

You know, the one who had her mother come to visit as a birthday present for her son? *SO LAME IT HURTS* Just wanted to slap her.

I much prefer Changing Rooms

We did, at first. I think was got us thinking was taking a look at the quality of the work, though. 'Changing Rooms' does some great looking stuff, but it's not real high quality. The shelves, etc. that they do in 'Trading Spaces' just looks sturdier, looks more professional. Paints look better, fabrics look better, etc.

Which is funny, because £500 is worth quite a bit more than $500, so you'd think the UK version would have higher quality stuff.

???

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Quincy
    Quincy

yeah i know right....go figure....Q

• simplesally
    simplesally

Well, if they are getting 500 pounds, thats about $750 US right? On Trading Spaces, they get $1000 US each. So thats a bit more money and yes, the carpenters do a good job making sure the stuff is real sturdy.

• Xander
    Xander

Really? My bad, I thought it was $500. Silly me - shows how much I pay attention.

Xander F

--George Santayana

• Xander
    Xander

Just wanted to add:

Yeah, HGTV is a pretty cool channel. 'Designers Challenge' is also a neat show, as is 'Designing for the Sexes'.

It really does give you a lot of ideas. They've motivated the wife to repaint, rearrange, and redecorate a couple times now, and I think the house looks ever better for it.

Xander F

--George Santayana

• Princess
    Princess

I occasionally watch Trading Spaces. I get some ideas there. Cracks me up when they totally hate their new rooms.

I watched all of Frontier House. You must have missed the episode where they killed the pig. The boy was very upset then too. Can't remember if it was before or after the chicken. It really bugged me how much the wealthier family cheated. Then when told they wouldn't have survived the winter, they were mad and said they would have. They couldn't even survive the summer without cheating. Oh well. Definitely watch it when it's on again. They ran the whole series again on Sunday nights, just finished the last one. Keep looking, it was popular and they'll show it again.

Rachel

"Remember the lilies of the goddamn field" -Ulysses Everett McGill

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Princess,

I remember the pig too. They made the big mistake of naming her. When I was a kid, and we had farm animals being raised for slaughter, THAT was a big NO NO. I just recall how that little boy was holding and stroking that chicken.

I did see, too, how the wealthier family was pissed because they were told they wouldn't survive the winter. I think when the judging committee measured their firewood, they had only cut about 4 cords. That is not nearly enough to survive a Montana winter. I needed that much for a winter in Fresno, CA!

And yes! That one lady whined alot.

Andee

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I saw 1900 house and frontier as well. That lady from Virginia was VERY annoying! She tried to boss everyone around. I think the 2 girls (the daughter and the niece) from the rich family came away with the most from the experience. They starting out HATING it but eventually the work seemed to give them a purpose and they felt a part of something. After they got home to all their fancy surroundings and new house they seemed at a loss as to what to do!

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Not bad, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit