A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION to those on J.W.NET...

by new hope and happiness 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

what is important to you and why?

Knowledge and how as a modern society we utilize that acquired knowledge to better the human experience for

humanity that is living today and perhaps for generation that will follow into the future.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My forty years plus of love my wife and I have had. The freedom we have now not being in the cult. The new friends we are making without conditions. I get to teach and work as a master gardener. Finally I get to choose what I want to believe and not believe. Still Totally ADD

• SnarlingRaven
    SnarlingRaven

It's important that I never ever shun another human being for irrational reasons that are merely a means by which to coerce them into doing what I want them to do, think what I want them to think, and believe what I want them to believe.

But yes, sex is very important to me. So is Love.

It is important that I not just pretend love is just an emotion I feel, but that I am accountable to those I love by demonstration my love and appreciation for them on a consistent daily basis.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

To me the most important things are to worship Nature and to love and protect all animals and other living creatures. Humans, not so much!

• fiddler
    fiddler

The first most important thing for me was being able to appreciate other people's thoughts and beliefs and actually learning from the diversity of thoughts and beliefs as opposed to thinking I had the only 'truth'.

Music is my life and knowing that it is perfectly acceptable to live breath and eat music instead of being told it is 'just a hobby' to be persued later in the fantasy land 'new system'.

Realizing that each day, each hour and each and ever minute of the day is a gift to be used as best as we can and to live in the moment and not for a fantasy (again....fantasy new system). I appreciate each day I awaken anew!

My children, all grown, are so very important to me and with a new grandchild due in November the family tree enlarges and is even more precious.

Other things like a beautiful sunrise or sunset, a nature hike, a bike ride on a great bike trail, my beloved doggie, taking aforementioned doggie on walks in the neighborhood and appreciating the yards and gardens and holiday decorations of my neighbors and the smiles and greetings of other walkers.

Last but not least, MY STUDENTS! In passing along my love for the violin and hearing both the young students and older ones finding joy in this instrument makes me feel like I am fulfilling my major purpose in life........passing along the gift of music.....and so my second comment ties in with my ending comment. I am also finding a lot of joy playing in a community symphony. It challenges my aging brain and after rehearsals a lot of us meet up at a pub for good drink, food and company! It's all good!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Accepting I am a bit weird.

Before, being true to myself and staying real was never an option. I was always pretending to be the person I perceived others thought I should be and then trying to maintain that facade.

I have true friends now, you know who you are, a lot being the same group as Cantleave mentioned and none of them push me to do more than I can or be who I am not.

My answer is friends.......and hedgehogs and my dog.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Today, brussels sprouts.

Tomorrow, who knows?

Everyday, bananas.

• Fernando
    Fernando

The custody battle fought over us (the human family) by means of controlling religion and its nemesis the liberating gospel of grace and peace.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Purebred Egyptian Arabian Horses especially black ones. They are so beautiful.

Bellagio Bellagio

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I have found every reply on this page very positive reading. Thankyou.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit