September 24, 2014 BOE

by wifibandit 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wifibandit
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting

Oh brother, and so it begins.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Yes encourage them my ass, just another support of a lie by the society, mythology at work, and yet many will just nod their heads and no one will have the courage to disagree with supporting evidence.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"When the video is finished, invite the audience to comment on why the demonstration was effective."

What if I thought the demonstration was NOT particularly effective?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"The instructions for the Service Meeting during the week of October 20, 2014, call for a seven-minute demonstration of a publisher explaining our beliefs about 1914."

This is just next week so the link to the vid should already be available. Anyone have it?

On another note: Is it just me, or is anyone else creeped out that there is even an expression "our beliefs about 1914"?

The clear implication is that all JWs everywhere have exactly the same "beliefs" about the significance of this number.

My thought is this: If all JWs everywhere have the exact same, identical "beliefs about 1914," then why do they need to have a demonstration, seven-minutes or otherwise, on how to explain those beliefs? I mean, seriously, you all have the same "beliefs." Shouldn't all 8-ish million of you be able to explain those "beliefs" without a scripted, verbatim pre-recorded and GB approved demonstration from the WTBTS Headquarters?

I'm just sayin' is all.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BTW, this pretty much puts the kibosh on all those nay-sayers predicting the WTBTS is distancing themselves from 1914.

Au contraire, they have clearly embraced it!

100 years of invisible rule by Christ Jesus.

The Emperor's New Clothes

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

-

1914 is here to stay, at least for the next little while!

-

Nebby's Tree Dream

Watchtower, November 1, 2014, p. 11

-

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The chart above talks about "Initial Fulfillment" and "Larger Fulfillment" . . . . .

I'm sorry, but that is a "type" and "antitype". . ..

I thought JWs aren't subscribing to that crap anymore. . . . Hmmmmmm. . .,

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Somebody please replace the dates with the Russell understanding of when these events took place. I want to make a video. Or at least give me the corresponding dates for each event. You know, the 1799, 1874, 1884 business and the 606 no zero year BS. Thanks!

• 88JM
    88JM

Wow - I knew something like this was going to happen (linked to this, I think) but I didn't know it was for THAT item.

They obviously know that no-one can really explain 1914, so they need a pre-recorded video to demonstrate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit