The Threat From Ebola by Somebody Who Discovered It

by cofty 16 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

This interview in Der Spiegel is well worth your time...

Peter Piot was one of the scientists who discovered Ebola in 1976. Turns out it was the fault of Catholic nuns who coldn't be bothered to sterilise the needles they were using to administer vitamins to pregnant women.

He describes the present outbreak as "a perfect storm" which could claim a frightening number of lives in Africa and India. He doesn't see it as a serious threat to countries with a modern health care system.

"I still remember exactly: One day in September, a pilot from Sabena Airlines brought us a shiny blue thermos and a letter from a doctor in Kinshasa in what was then Zaire..."

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wow! That is enlightening.

So not created by the illuminati then?

• cofty
    cofty

or was it........????????

Nah, it wasn't. It probably came from bats and spread by neglectful nuns.

• Comatose
    Comatose

i read the Hot Zone when it came out a long time ago. Good book as well.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nah, it wasn't. It probably came from bats and spread by neglectful nuns.

So it came from bats and was spread by "old bats."

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

BOC...lol!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its hard to believe this disease came from just dirty needles, HIV was caused by doctors putting viruses in to animals moving them around to other already infected animals all the while trying to come up with a fix for polio. This petri dish of infected monkeys and cats allowed for a crazy virus later called Aids to become. Aids is a man made virus and Dr Sulk admitted it on the radio in New York, I heard the interview. I think the ebola virus was probably made the same way.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Well thank you for clearing that up. The Republicans are blaming it on Obama.

• humbled
    humbled

SafeAtHome --hahahahahaha

• scary21
    scary21

Thank you Cofty for posting this. Very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit