I really don't understand this

by keyser soze 34 Replies latest social current

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Yes, they are reporting she was closely involved with the care of the patient who died. CDC says no way should any of these people be on commercial airlines. Oops, kind of like closing the barn door...well you know the rest. Apparently she was here to plan her wedding and came in contact with many family members, all of whom now have been told to stay home and not go to work. Three of them work at Kent State. Oh my God! Now they are saying she DID have a low grade fever when she traveled back to Texas. OK, turning off television now, too much information!

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

How is it that only two American doctors that worked with dozens of Ebola patients in Africa came down with Ebola and we have one patient in the US and already two nurse have it?!?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Just thinking, that while everyone here in Akron and Cleveland are starting to freak out, I dont believe I have heard that any of the family of the man who died in Texas have shown any symptoms. I would think they would be sick by now?

• sir82
    sir82

I would think they would be sick by now?

I believe it can take up to 22 days after exposure for the symptoms to appear.

• blondie
    blondie

The Stand by Stephen King, a mini-series was developed over several days.....It has been shown quite a few times on television over the years.

It breaks out on the secret military area, one man gets past the security to get to his family, spreads it to people who have no idea that this is out there.

Captain Tripps--slang for the virus

It is very good and this came to mind right away with the way Ebola is playing out...the only cure, natural immunity.

What about the new show on TNT, The Last Ship....anybody seen that.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Sir82, yes, thats right. Its just that his family would be further out in that time count than the nurses, thats why I was wondering. Its really remarkable that none of them have the symptoms, or at least its not being reported. Think I will just watch the baseball game and have a few pumpkin beers to take my mind off it!

• bohm
    bohm

It is pretty contained in africa despite much poorer health systems, this is not a big deal IMO

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

@Blondie, Yes, I have seen several episodes of "The Last Ship" on TNT network. I was kinda forced to because my daughter was dating Travis Van Winkle (who plays one of the handsome crew members). I wanted to love it but I found the writing a little disappointing. What about the movie "Outbreak" from the 90's starring Dustin Hoffman? I thought that one was well done.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This confirms my sneaking suspicion that this country is actually as ass-backwards as I think it is.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

For this nurse to be considered in the " low risk pool " is disturbing. It shows a complete incompatancy in whoever is doing the evaluating, and who is in control of these at-risk paitents.

Keep the real facts secret, keep the public ignorant and calm...for now.

Now it is reported these hospital personell didn't even have hazmat suits for the first two days after it was known to be ebola.

The Spanish flu is called that because the governments of the US and several other countries were at war and didn't want the information known. Spain was not at war, no government supression of the information, so that is where the information began to the public hence people calling it the Spanish flu.

Anyone with actual common sense can recognise this as serious regardless of the government insistance that it is not serious and unlikely to spread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit