I really don't understand this

by keyser soze 34 Replies latest social current

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Now would be a good time to re-assess your belief in the Scriptures....

Revelation 6:8
    I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

You think you're a tough guy....you're not. You don't think you need God....you do.

Good luck all non-believers.....

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think everyone is waaayyyyy over reacting. As alarming as this is, it's hardly the apocalypse. There are countries in Africa that have had outbreaks, but because they had a more robust medical system they have been able to contain them.

Yes, this nurse should not have flown, but it doesn't mean anyone on the plane is necessarily going to get Ebola. The nurses that got it both had contact with body fluids of the first patient. They took precautions, but obviously the precautions they used were not followed or were inadequate in some way. If Ebola was as contagious as every seems to think then everyone on the plane with the first patient would be sick, and everyone in the house he stayed st would be sick and everyone in the emergency room where the was would be sick, but they aren't.

On the news they showed a nurse in a hospital in Africa that treats Ebola patients. It's truly horrific, as they can only give very basic care to these patients and obviously they do not have the sophisticated bio hazard protection that we have here, yet these nurses have not become ill because they take what precautions they can, given the circumstances, and they are very consistent. The CDC could maybe learn something from them.

Sam Whisky, why would this outbreak of Ebola mean the end of the world? There have been much worse disease outbreaks before, the bubonic plague and Spanish influenza, for example. It's almost like you are happy you will be proved right and all us non believers will get our come uppance. That really does not reflect well on your our your beliefs. I see no evidence that God exists and three people getting sick is not going to change that. And any God that would punish people by means of a horrific death by Ebola is not worthy of my worship even if he did exist.

Good luck you Sam Whiskey with your sour outlook and your vengeful, imaginary deity.

• bohm
    bohm

nonjwspouse: "Bohm, using tape is NOT going to protect these people. ( kinda obvious now huh? But to anyone with COMMON SENSE it was already obvious."

no, sure, and there will be other cases, other fuckups, other health workers infected.. just like with every other contageous disease. I just don't see why there are reasons to be alarmed at this point since *most* african countries seem able to cope.

• bohm
    bohm

Sam Whiskey: in other words, god will kill all the unbelievers and that make you happy. Well that sounds perfectly sane...

Must be frustrating to have your nutty beliefs invalidated every few months :-).

• bohm
    bohm

LisaRose:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit