I really don't understand this

by keyser soze 34 Replies latest social current

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Bohm, then why would it spread in a well prepared, higher performing health system? Why would a knowingly exposed worker with a low grade fever feel like it was just fine to travel on an airplane?

These are serious questions.

• prologos
    prologos

These nurses used tape to cover their exposed necks. Other hospitals too do not have full protective gear on hand.

• bohm
    bohm

Nonjwspouse: it spread because they did not follow procedures. Now, plenty of people gets infected every day by all sorts of things in hospitals and it dont mean a lot. If this can be kept relatively under control by most african countries i just dont see why people are so worried.

Want to bet it wont spread much in the us?

• Comatose
    Comatose

If they tried to charge the African guy with a crime for visiting after knowing he was around infected people, will they charge this nurse with a crime?

She have known better than a man from africa without a medical education.

• Gregor
    Gregor

There is so much BS flying through the pop media right now that some people won't even swallow their own saliva.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm sorry that nurses are underappreciated but anyone who treated or nursed a now-dead Ebola patient should have had the smarts to self-quarantine for 21 days. At the very least, she should have been smart enough not to potentially endanger others by boarding an aircraft. Seriously?!?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Well, guess what. The nurse CALLED THE CDC and was given the go ahead, TOLD HER IT WAS OK to board the flight with a low grade fever since it was not above 100 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF this was a nurse EXPOSED TO EBOLA and should have been under strict superivsion and strick orders to stay away from others during the incubation time frame. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-nurse-called-cdc-several-times/ So cultbegone she did the right thing according to the CDC!!!!! URGGHHHHHH

Holy cow, someone at the CDC is stupidly incompetent to tell her GO AHEAD AND TAKE THE FLIGHT!

Bohm, using tape is NOT going to protect these people. ( kinda obvious now huh? But to anyone with COMMON SENSE it was already obvious. The government told the american public that the hospitals around the country were prepared, yet the hopitals around the country were saying "WTF are they talking about? "

This is absurd and in my opinion, criminal. It's hard to believe the CDC is really that stupid, so why in the he11 did they decide to tell this exposed nurse she was good to go with a 99+ degree fever? I want to know that answer.

Sending in reinforcements, finally, to help contain this ebola is more than likely too little too late, but then ANYONE with common sense ALREADY KNEW THIS. It is NOT rocket sience to consider all the people in the ER the first night the TWO HOURS first paitent was there. How absurd is it that this hospital's personnel had to wait TWO DAYS for hazmat suits? There is such thing as overnight delivery, or even faster if the government REALLY did it's job in protecting the citizans.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Prologos, what were they trying to do

These nurses used tape to cover their exposed necks. Other hospitals too do not have full protective gear on hand.

protect themselves from vampires?

Whay don't hospitals now have a priority to have protective gear on hand. Seems to me it's either supply all hospitals with proper protection IMMEDIATLY or not allow anyone from the ebola outbreak areas into the country, and immediatly quarrentiene anyone on a flight with one passenger with a temp until the passanger with a temp is tested for ebola.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It's true. The medical community doesn't consider 99 point anything to be a fever anymore. If it's not over 100, they don't consider it clinically significant.

Frustrating because I feel awful with a 99.5 degree temperature. But, doctors don't seem concerned at all.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Grreatteacher, it is considered a signifigant warning sign for someone exposed to ebola. If it were just run of the mill, some people can have this temp and be fine others like you and me it is a definite fever. The CDC was absurd to tell this exposed nurse THAT CALLED THREE TIMES to go ahead!! She should havr been under STRICT supervision and NOT ALLOWED to leave in the first place. and NEVER NEVER with a suspected fever.

Just absurd....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit