Doctors and surgeons say no to blood transfusions

by Mr Negative 65 Replies latest watchtower medical

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

In life threatening situations requiring blood, the risk of dying without blood far outweighs the risks associated with blood transfusions.

Exactly. Nobody goes into a hospital and says " hey i have a slight headache, can i have a blood transfusion?"

I don't like the idea of getting blood from another person either, and i will avoid it as much as possible, but if i'm put in a situation where the choices are dying or getting a blood transfusion, then my choice will be clear.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The JW's call a surgery where the blood of the patient is recovered and then put back into the body not a blood transfusion, they just twist things for their propaganda.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Where do they get this idea from

Their asses.

Look for an article by Kerry Louderback-Wood, The Tort of Misrepresentation.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Where do they get this idea from

Their asses.

Look for an article by Kerry Louderback-Wood, The Tort of Misrepresentation.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is garbage, ask her for the proof.

Those sort of comments show total ignorance of the matter. The story probably arose because some doctors answered some poll saying there are a lot of risks with blood, and they will avoid it where possible. However, most if not all would have blood if there was no other viable alternative. That too is that stance I take. I believe the Watchtower stance to be unchristian, and fully support blood transfusions, however, I too would not have a transfusion if at all possible and whenever there is an equally effective and available alternative.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My father (a hemotologist) had several blood transfusions when he was in and out of the hospital the last couple of years of his life. I know he did because I was there.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Interestingly it should not matter one single iota whether a blood transfusion is dangerous or totally safe. That is NOT the given reason for the ban on transfusions. HA. Yet, they (WT and many JWs) will argue over and oer all the little unimportant reasons of why getting a transfusion is unhealthy.

Makes me want to scream.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Twisting unsupported lies to make the Truth , kind sounds very much a JWS tactic.

The WTS does this too when discussing blood transfusion , its very biased half truth information.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I bet your mum also believes they removed the word "gullible" out of the latest edition of Webster's Dictionary.

• Mr Negative
    Mr Negative

yadda yadda 2 - that wouldn't surprise me lol

jwfacts - thanks for your comment. And I'd just like to take this opportunity to say, even though I'm sure you've heard it many times before, that your website is amazing. When I first read through it, I just knew it was all genuine. I would recommend to anyone that they look at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit