My appeal was successful. Now what?

by noonehome 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• simon17
    simon17

It was her who alerted the elders after a picture of my ear was seen sitting next to my sister

This sounds really disgusting

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Take some time to examine if you want to remain with your significant other; she put the watchtower ahead of her relationship with you.

She may spin it another way, but that is the hard fact.

You may eventually see her leave the witnesses, but she may also just stay hard core, she might also just ask you to leave.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

noonehome - "All that happened was I admitted to having legitimate doubts, but that fact alone was enough to label me as an apostate without even knowing the specifics of the doubts, attempting to address them, or ascertaining my motives... which I made clear weren’t to spread the doubts..."

I suspect that a really determined JC could theoretically DF for "apostacy" someone who'd simply become inactive, if they strictly based it on the dictionary definition of the word.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Crazy how jw's feel such a need to tattle so THEY won't be considered blood guilty and be destroyed at Armageddon for remaining quiet. They have to tell on others to make themselves feel better. Rarely is it out of "concern" for the "sinner".

• Giordano
    Giordano

Obviously she doesn't love you enough. You will not be able to have a stable relationship with someone who will turn you in to the Elders. The Society will be on her back and between her legs in your marriage bed making man and wife decisions.

A couple has to be able to travel together through this life. You have to have one another's back. You got a pass to fade with dignity take it and cut your losses.

• flipper
    flipper

NOONEHOME- Very good thread, Very well written and expressed thoughts by you. You have a deep sincerity that comes pouring through. Only you can determine which way you want to go from here. It depends on how much you want to maintain relationships within your JW circle of aquaintances. I won my appeal of my DFing in 2007 and since I got treated VERY unfairly by the elders ( it took them 10 months of harassing me to come to a decision ) - I decided I was done for good with ANY communication with elders EVER again. And the only people who are JW's that I stay in touch with are basically my mom and dad who are in their 80's. I have no use for superficial relationships anymore. If relationships aren't real and I have to become something I'm not, or don't believe in- I won't go there.

So THAT is what you have to figure out. Will you sacrifice your individualism to keep the peace with people who see you in a conditional way or conditional friendships- or will you bolt for freedom of mind and cultivate unconditional friendships with ex-JW's or people who accept you for your beliefs and values ? I feel THAT is kind of what you are staring at for the moment. We will be here as a support no matter WHAT you decide, O.K. ? Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• stirred but not shaken
  • flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

NOONEHOME- thank you for sharing I hope that you can give us an update from time to time. Puruse your dreams and your freedom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit