My appeal was successful. Now what?

by noonehome 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• noonehome
    noonehome

Faders: why do we bother staying in?

We cling to some false hope that people we love will accept us despite our not believing, even though it’s as much a fairytale as the dogmas based on untruths.

I’ve never been anything but a good friend and human being and would do anything for the people I love; I couldn’t dream of shutting out someone I care about. And it’s not like they’d revel in the idea of doing it either, yet it’s seen as not just the only choice, but also as undoubtedly the right thing to do. The right and wholesome thing. Why the hell can’t people recognize our incredibly humble place in the universe? We live our entire life on a razor’s edge of non-existence and nobody realizes how precious we are to each other.

I’m not even disfellowshipped. But I’ve been through the fire and my heart goes out now more than ever before to everyone who is.

Recently the decision was made to disfellowship me for apostasy - on grounds that were never made clear. In fact, I was given two choices before literally being kicked out of my own kingdom hall and the door slammed: that I either attend a judicial meeting or write a letter of disassociation. The grounds / charges were refused. The red-faced elder I’ve known my whole life verbally refused to shake my hand, shutting the door as I faced him calmly asking why he wouldn’t. I was surprised because I barely even said anything I’d consider incriminating; in fact, I was legitimately looking for help if it could be offered (which of course I know it can’t because “truth” is based on unreality and ignorance of reality. But maybe I needed to prove that to others and myself). All that happened was I admitted to having legitimate doubts, but that fact alone was enough to label me as an apostate without even knowing the specifics of the doubts, attempting to address them, or ascertaining my motives... which I made clear weren’t to spread the doubts (I never have...not easy but true) but to receive help.

At the judicial meeting they decided to disfellowship me for grounds I was none the wiser to. I had to ask for the scriptural reason which they finally gave me after the pronouncement, after some confusion amongst themselves as to which one it was. Throughout the meeting they openly admitted that truth presupposes itself, which makes no sense and confirms their delusion.

For whatever reason I appealed the decision and at the appeal meeting the decision was reversed. It does happen I guess so long as you keep your cool and are smart about it, and most importantly if the appeal elders are slightly more rational. The appeal elders actually hugged me on my way out.

So where does this leave me? Right back to where I’ve been the past 3 years. Living in limbo. Only now the person I care about the most and largely the reason I’ve kept trying all this time feels like she should “limit her association” with me. It was her who alerted the elders after a picture of my ear was seen sitting next to my sister (who was recently disfellowshipped for, you guessed it, apostasy). I’m not even kidding: my ear.

So what’s the point? I have many good friends and I’m sure you have your reasons for sticking it through, but I’m starting to think our love for them is one-sided. It’s pretty painful to realize how little it takes to be treated so horribly by those you’re closest to. And they think they’re doing something righteous. How many poor “mentally diseased” victims have killed themselves over these purported acts of righteousness? It’s pretty sickening.

The elders asked me if I thought any bible principles were harmful to follow, fishing for their own presupposed answer. I had to bite my tongue but said that to pass my sister on the street and look away as she approached was harmful to me because not only would it rip my heart out, but it’d make her feel bad, and because I care about her would make me feel even worse, not to mention guilty for behaving so cruelly to another human being. I must stress that she is 100% Christian but simply woken up to the JW falsehoods. They said that it’s not always easy to follow Jehovah’s principles but we can have confidence they are worthwhile.

Bullshit. Treating someone cruelly is wrong. If God himself asked me to murder my son (if I had one) on a mountain I’d say NO regardless of what God thought. Even with the knowledge God could resurrect my child, I would refuse such a despicable request on the grounds that it is just that: despicable. Does that make me wicked? Haughty? I’d rather be ignorantly called those things than to do something I consider disgusting. It’s rather shameful when someone you love won’t stand up for their love like you would for them, and then justify it with some deluded form of tyrannical loyalty, acting as if they're the victim. And again, I’m not even disfellowshipped, but I feel like I’ve been in denial all these years and I’m starting to get it. Sorry to all of you who experience this on a mass scale. I'm not a bitter person but I'm beginning to understand where it comes from.

Like most of you, I just wish people would realize how precious we are to each other and how petty the things are that keep us apart.

• sporece
    sporece

Deny,deny,deny and slowly fade away.

Personally i would not get DF if you still have family in.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

you have been through some tough times I see.

keep your personal dignity and calm frame of mind.

dont let the frustrations of dealing with a strange bunch of people cause you to lose your self worth!

• noonehome
    noonehome

Yeah just a bit of rambling on a lonely thanksgiving, sorry folks. This site is good for that. Being alone with my thoughts hasn't been very productive lately, though I've lost count over the number of mind-opening books and topics I've read (and drinks consumed )

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

many people who got disfellowshipped could not process the rupture, because there was no-one they could really talk to, and they never get rid of their feelings of guilt. by avoiding the DF, you increase your chances to keep the process of disconnecting going on at your own chosen pace. some of the 'friends' will stop talking to you, and others not. it gives you some time to build up a network with people outside the org before you really walk away.

that is what i gathered from my own experience

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

It's time to view ALL JWs as just what they are: EVIL!! Yes, I said EVIL!!! All those 'nice, kind' JWs would, upon orders from their superiors, turn their backs on you in a heartbeat. If you consented to giving your dying child a blood transfusion, they would reject you totally. If a single female had a baby, those same 'loving' JWs would disown her in an instant. So I really don't want to hear any more lame excuses about JWs being 'such nice people'. They are NOT nice people"". They are adults who have a Nazi-like need to follow orders and obey directives without any critical independent thinking. They think Only THEIR belief system is the correct obe, and anyone holding alternate beliefs is labelled as an 'evil apostate'. So, to repeat: JWs are EVIL PEOPLE!!!! Stop making excuses for them!!

• Terry
    Terry

You sound quite mature to me in your handling of this.

You are one of the few.

HOW we say things is often more important than the thing which is said.

You must have quite a delivery!

I always wonder how many people Jesus disfellowshipped while he was going out of his way

to find stray sheep and bring them tenderly back into the fold.

I'd say: none.

Shunning really says more about the person DOING the shunning than the individual who is the object of shunning.

I agree with you, cruelty to one's own flesh and blood is as low as you can sink simply because they hold something in their mind

differently than you do.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

At least you're awake.

It is far better than struggling with the nonsense.

And you can change congos to complete your fade.

(Go for a walk.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't think all JWs are evil. I think most of them never think things through. They just follow the party line. Heck, many don't even know how to think. If a lightbulb goes on and they start to think, they wind up where you are right now.

Sorry about your lonely thanksgiving. I hope you feel better tomorrow. As for the JWs, the hell with them. Turn your back and walk away.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My appeal was successful. Now what?

.......................Take a Shower..

............................................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit