the new TV show, is it just me or is the guy really creepy??

by purrpurr 35 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Super creepy!

They need to get a good celebrity front, like Tom Cruise. Perhaps Prince could to it. LOL

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

You guys need to wait a bit until they bring in the other GB members before you come to any conclusions. I have no idea why they led with Lett but most of the GB members are fine speakers. Except for Morris, who exudes anti-charisma and is the group's Dick Cheney.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

is Letts on the autistic spectrum? has he a learning difficulty?

What credentials and qualifications does he have besides a brown nose from a$$ ki$$ing? That rubber face will mould itself to any nook and fanny.

I heard of people crying, waking up in the night unable to sleep with excitement and emotion.

Pure manipulation.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I found the spinning lights of the earth in the background to be very tranquilizing.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Putting the governing body front and center has the potential to blow up spectacularly in their faces. Some of those guys are downright creepy. It lifts the curtain and lets people see the wizard behind it.

About a decade ago I went to an international assembly held in Spanish. A few governing body members were there and gave talks in English, which were then translated in real time. I remember a bilingual JW confiding in me that he thought the governing body members sounded very silly. It wasn't what he was expecting. I believe his exact words were that it sounded like they "were reading fairy tales from children's books."

Lots of JWs imagine these men to be wise beyond comprehension and when they see geriatric buffoons instead, you have to wonder whether that will wake a few people up.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

A bit like how the British Royal Fambly was special numinous and awe- inspiring, until they started allowing insider documentaries, and Princess Di telling all to all who wanted to hear...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

NEJ: Lots of JWs imagine these men to be wise beyond comprehension and when they see geriatric buffoons instead, you have to wonder whether that will wake a few people up.

Seeing Stephen Lett in person was enough to convince me that there is no way in hell that God's got anything to do with this organization.

That guy is a clown without any makeup on.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

That guy is a clown without any makeup on.

For my loved one's sake, I hope they put him front and center, shine a bright spotlight on him. Any witness who retains even the slightest ability to think critically will have to wonder what the hell he's doing following that guy.

• sir82
    sir82

It's rather surprising that they'd make the histrionic buffoon-face out there as their first TV star.

Just goes to show, JW TV is squarely aimed at current JWs. A "worldly" person, seeing that video as their first exposure to JWs, would walk away thinking "what a nut-job".

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"I'm such a sap......only 7 minutes in the video, and I'm already crying because of gratefulness and awe of what Jehovah can accomplish!!"

OH MY GOD!!! JEHOVAH can do TV!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit