the new TV show, is it just me or is the guy really creepy??

by purrpurr 35 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Hi all

I just watched the new jw TV channel, mostly so I can say i have done so. It really creeped me out! The guy fronting it seems so weird? Like his voice is detached from his body or maybe he's mouthing the words? Also those gestures... Defiantly a work on there brother! Talk about over used hammy hands! It lacks any natural spontaneous reaction. I got the impression he had over rehearsed in the bathroom mirror perhaps!?

Also maybe it's just me but has anyone noticed they have changed the way they pronounce Jehovah these days? They are putting all the emphasis on the "hooo" sound.

• Antioch
    Antioch

That's Steve Lett. One of the Governing Body. He's always been like that. And you're right, it's weird.

JWs in general have their own strange speaking style that I can pick up among seasoned speakers. It would be interesting to have a linguist dissect the incestuous speaking style among JWs.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's a cult, he's a cult leader, Only wack jobs need apply for the TV front man position.

My hope is that they keep it on the shitty end of the spectrum and put off as many who tune in as possible. So good work so far chaps.

• LisaRose
  • Separation of Powers
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Oh he's creepy. Really odd choice to be the face to introduce this program. The marketing people need to get these guys some education on how to be on TV etc.

Some will eat it up...but I think many will turn the channel...after all there is so much to see on Roku!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just had a look at this .... S Lett and his intro was just puke making awful

I did Laugh out loud, really loudly at it..... and that hypnotic 'lull you stupor' music thing with nice pics of happy people , about the best way of life....What was that??

Mind you someone like it...Those on JWTalk said : [Genuine comments]

"First what I will watch is bro Lett. He is so cool."

"Brother Malenfant's morning worship comments are so great! And the 91 year-old brother - so inspiring! And the 'Best Life Ever' song is so catchy and has such a great message. Certainly if anything is a display of the Governing Body's love for us, it is this new provision! "

"I'm such a sap......only 7 minutes in the video, and I'm already crying because of gratefulness and awe of what Jehovah can accomplish!!"

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It reminds me of the fifty's generation of watching tv. It's very toned down, and a false image of what the world inside the ORG is about.

Mind you, I think that TV is the way to bring your message today. This is just too late, and unpredicted. But, we were warned that we would see strange things from the GB.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It's not you.

My comment on another thread:

Some creepy moments, especially when he was trying to commend the target audience - the youth. He said twice(!), "Young ones, you are loved by Jehovah and his organization." Evidence for Jehovah's and the GB's love for "little children" (the way he said that made me recoil - brrr!) is the Caleb and Sophie videos apparently.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yeah, it's hard to understand why they'd lead with ol' Rubberface, Stephen Lett.

His over-the-top clownish mannerisms and super-condescending way of speaking (as if he's talking to a class of kindergartners) is one of the main reasons I started questioning this religion.

There's no way in hell any God would choose THAT GUY to represent him, particularly in a position of leadership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit