TV.JW.Org - Streamed to KHs via the New Projectors

by passwordprotected 21 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Now that we've seen the launch of of tv.jw.org we can fully expect Public Talks to - on a monthly basis at least - be replaced by content streamed from the site to the screens in KHs.

You read it here first, folks!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/281361/1/Local-Kingdom-Hall-Speakers-To-Be-Replaced-By-Governing-Body-Video-Feeds

(Way to go, Anthony!)

Doc

• rebel8
    rebel8

This could be interesting. I always observed a sort of mystique about the GB. It was so unusual to ever meet one or hear one speak. Don't know that I ever did, come to think of it. And now they will be right in your living room--not so special after all.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Simon: All this slick stuff has a hidden cost - they will rob a whole generation of the joy of watching an amateur try to give a good public presentation and fail miserably.

Remember when someone said the wrong thing or accidentally fell off the platform? There will be none of that anymore. Entertainment value, little that it was, will fall to zero and millions will leave as a result.

Oh, I don't know. I think watching the GB on streaming tv will do for WT what George W. Bush did for late night comedians: provide ample material for a good laugh.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Good luck staying awake at a public talk via streaming. The best part is, the speaker won't be able to see if the audience is listening or napping.

Marina

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

the speaker won't be able to see if the audience is listening or napping.

From the book '1984'

'Smith!' screamed the shrewish voice from the telescreen. '6079 Smith W.! Yes, you! Bend lower, please! You can do better than that. You're not trying. Lower, please! That's better, comrade. Now stand at ease, the whole squad, and watch me.'

Yeah, they will figure out a way to see you from the other side. Never fear!

• truthlover
    truthlover

Rebel8

Visited HQ last year and one of the instructors said " if you see one of the members of the GB, please do not approach or speak with them".... how is that for a smack in the face -- what a loving organization that keeps the sheep away from the shepherds....

So now we will see them at arms length through a plasma tv -- what a joke!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha, that's hilarious! Reminds me of the apostles trying to stop kids from going over to see Jesus.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If everyone buys a Roku to plug in the t v and watch the content at home, they will have already seen it, unless these are special releases on the day

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truthlover - "...what a loving organization that keeps the sheep away from the shepherds..."

Well, maybe it's for the best, considering a sheep's ultimate fate...

• Splash
    Splash

The projector recommended in the letter is a Panasonic PT-VW345N.

Go and check the retail price!!!

Where are congregations meant to find £1,000 now they have given all their cash away?

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit