The New Success of the WBT$....."JW.ORG".....IT`S OFF THE CHAIN!!..

by OUTLAW 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cult classic
    cult classic

The long time JWs I know (the few I've spoken with anyway) are starting to get a weird vibe about it all. They were all gungho initially. But they've started making jokes now and being very sarcastic about it all.

This tv channel seems to have pushed them over the edge. Will have to see how it all settles in a while.

But yes, the newbies are really gushing about it all. They don't remember WT's harsh judgements against the internet and televanglism years ago.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

But yes, the newbies are really gushing about it all.

They don't remember WT's harsh judgements against the internet and televanglism years ago.....Cult Classic

JW.Org TV is going to reach out to a WBT$ Target Audience,the WBT$ might not normally get to..

It`s where some of the next crop of WBT$ New Members/Recruits will come from..

.............................................The Old,the Vulnerable,the Lonely..AND..

....................The Very Young..

................................................................................................................ http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Skbj
    Skbj

I'm glad I stopped by today to catch up with this news.

All this branding and merchandizing makes it look like a walmart catalogue. Without offending the American friends this manouvre is typical American marketing. Stuff that is cheesy and that in Europe if this was another brand people would clearly laugh at, who the hell goes around with pins??? 8 years olds and comic con fans... but this is not any brand so I am actually interested to ask my mother what she think of it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cult classic - "The long time JWs I know (the few I've spoken with anyway) are starting to get a weird vibe about it all. They were all gungho initially. But they've started making jokes now and being very sarcastic about it all."

The novelty's bound to wear off sooner for some...

x

My JW Mom's coming to visit next weekend. I can't help but wonder what she thinks of it all and/or if she'll bring it up.

She couldn't stand televangelists back in the day, but it never occurred to me to ask if it was because she personally found them offensive, or if it was because the WTS was critical of them (admittedly, maybe a bit of both).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit