Up yours!!! Jw religion!!

by Julia Orwell 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Do they teach Science Including evolution? Do they teach myths such as creation as science?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No it is NOT "fair enough". For one thing, children have instantly been segregated according to the dogma of their parents. Old, discredited ideologies are reinforced through collective peer pressure and - I have to say it - foolish pc attitudes from an education system that should know better.

• roberto avon
    roberto avon

Hi Julia, that's good for you! Hope you will enjoy yr new job. Keep us informed.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They have to teach evolution. It's law here. We don't have the religious creation lobby like in america. The schools can adapt what they teach but cannot just say they won't teach that thing. All standards and educational outcomes are set by the government. Most people in Australia don't buy creation anyway. Evolution vs creation is not a politicised issue for education like it is in America.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

"The schools can adapt what they teach . ." Thin end of the creationist wedge.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The point is that those Students are being taught that the Quran is a Holy Book from God.

A book such as that should not be given that status, nor should its hate-filled contents be taught and learned. The same applies to the Bible of course.

Nevertheless, that is down to the School, we have many like yours in the U.K, obliged to teach properly, but still teaching out of date myths and practices, prayer etc, alongside.

The very best of luck in your new job ! and I have no doubt your excellent teaching skills and personal attitude will at least provide a contrast and a choice to your students, which they may not have got had someone else got the position.

• Zordino
    Zordino

I wonder if they teach those children the 'scriptures' in the Quran about killing, pillaging, basically destroying all infidels. There are many writings in they're fairy tale book that say it's every Muslims duty to do so. Yah, moderate Muslims my a... why do you think there are thousands of terrorist groups in Islamic countries? It's an insane cult that is a million times worse than the JW cult.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's just a job, a seven week contract for crying out loud. I'm not teaching the Quran, just curriculum. If I don't like the school I leave. Easy. Most Muslims here aren't nuts anyway. They just get on with their lives like everyone else. Don't worry, if I find they're teaching extremism to those kids I'm outta there. Something tells me though if they hire non muslim teachers they're not exactly fanatics.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

thin edge of the wedge my butt!! Religion is a non-event in Australia. It does not have any power like it does in America. Our systems are completely different. You need to understand that here in Australia things are very different. We are much more secular and are far more tightly regulated than America. If the school teaches religion then so what. It is a toothless dog in our country. The significant thing is I'm saying screw jws. Screw them big time.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think we could start a new Thread that would continue to run and run, with the Title "Something I did which says "Screw You JW Relgion!".

Things like : Voting, Smoking, Donating Blood, Birthdays and Christmas, etc etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit