Spiritual AMNESTY -- Return to Jehovah

by FusionTheism 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Isn't apostasy the unforgivable sin or is that spandex?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

And who says what "apostasy" is?!?! No one has ever agreed on who or what the "anti-christ" is.

It sure is convenient to have a bunch of ambiguous scrolls to judge everyone with...

DD

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi FusionTheism, Where can I get a copy of the Return to Jehovah brochure? It wasn't available on JWN.

Depending what it states, I would like to file a compliant by sending it, an IRS form 13909, and a couple of other Watchtower publications to the IRS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• FusionTheism
  • MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

me: WOW..I heard you guys were offering amnesty now?

elder: We sure are, it's new light, aren't the brothers in New York a loving group?

me: I guess so...

me: You mean I can talk to family and friends now?

elder: Absolutely, after you've been to the meetings for at least six months, then we lovingly file the paperwork. It's that easy.

me:

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I can't imagine anyone with half a brain or a conscience being WT free for 5+yrs and actually wanting to run back to the loving bosom of the borg. The biggest repatriation risks would be the newly df/da ones because it is likely they haven't"washed that cult right out of their hair" yet.

The longer I'm away from it the more I see how insanely unhealthy it is to live as one of jehovahs witnesses.

Run, run and don't look back people!

• Syme
    Syme

The booklet does not even address the "doubt" category. Just "anxiety", "guilt" and the like.

Which means, they deliberately miss the point entirely.

Another piece of insulting literature, that addresses the reader as a "sheep" and even portrays them as such, quite literally.

That Org is not going to change by reading our posts, don't be naive. It's as naive as saying that a dictatorial regime is going to change because some folks tell them some "suggestions". It's a regime, it is not a gentleman's club. It has purpose, not a discussion board.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Suppose their amnesty offer is true. Or even in my case, there is no reason to hold a judicial committee. So what? So they invite people back to bonds of slavery?

No thanks. While ceasing the shunning would be great, not all kind acts from Watchtower lead to better.

I actually wish the recruiting work got harder, instead of this standing or sitting by a literature stand. And that meetings become more burdensome instead of shorter. I wish they would cracked the whip more and drive people out faster.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I think the religion knows it lost too many of its best and brightest either because they have passed away or have left the religion. They would love to get these people back.

I understand the caliber of people in the religion now is not like 30 years ago. Back then, when you sat in the hall you were surrounded (for the most part) by responsible individuals. From what I have heard that isn't necessarily the case anymore, to put it mildly.

For those of us who have walked away from the JW religion, this trying to "entice" us back won't work. We had enough.

They are also presumptuous in thinking we have all "sinned" since we left their controlling clutches.

Sparrowdown, I agree with what you said: this may appeal to newly Df'd people - but for those of us who are mentally FREE this bait is poisonous. Yeah, keep running and don't look back.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

FUSIONTHEISM:

It claims it doesn't matter what sins you've done, or what caused you to leave, if you repent to Jehovah and ask the Elders to help you, and return to the Meetings, you'll be warmly welcomed with no disciplinary action or judgment against you.

Others have already commented on this paragraph, but seriously come on dude!

The contradiction is in those very words! "ask the Elders to help"...HA! There is the very proof that there is no "free pass" back in!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit