Spiritual AMNESTY -- Return to Jehovah

by FusionTheism 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Basically, from what I can tell from the new Return to Jehovah Brochure, is that the Governing Body is now offering AMNESTY to ANYONE who has been gone from the Congregation but now wants to return.

It claims it doesn't matter what sins you've done, or what caused you to leave, if you repent to Jehovah and ask the Elders to help you, and return to the Meetings, you'll be warmly welcomed with no disciplinary action or judgment against you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Screw the GB, they have zero authority and therefore cannot offer amnesty to anyone. They need to wake up to reality and realize that this delusion that they can somehow intervene for other humans is a sick joke.

They act like they are doing everyone a favor by offering to pardon sins. They are not. They are delusional and have never offered an apology for their contribution to people leaving. The World Wide Church Of God wrote a real apology, the GB should read it. Then they should stop deflecting and passing the buck. Until they do so, their words mean jack-shit.

The brochure is 100% PR.

DD

• sir82
    sir82

Dude, what planet are you from?

Amnesty! Ha ha ha ha ha!

"Warmly welcomed"! Yeah, if by "warmly welcomed" you mean "Invited into the back room by 3 elders who will determine if you are 'repentant enough' to merit their approval".

Dude! Pass that dutchie 'pon the left-hand-side over this way!

Amnesty! LOL!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I edited my post because I accused you of being an apologist for the WTBTS. Although your posts seem to defend them in a passive-agressive manner, I can't actually say you are a troll.

Forgive me for being suspicious of a new member. You seem to be defending them at times, but it may just be your writing style.

I'm not defending them. Like Gerrit Loesch, I say, " I am not, nor have I ever been under the authority of the WTBTS."

These a**holes and their lawyers can suck it. Show up in court like the apostle Paul and like Peter!! Defend your beliefs GB! Go to jail for your faith, if that's what it takes!! Be proud to be a JW !! Or are you too afraid to become cannon fodder, the fate which you have assigned to the rank&file J-dumbs?!?!

DD

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    I live by the motto that "You catch more flies with honey" and "A positive change is always good, even if many negative things remain."
    I've learned over the past decade that being kind, civil, friendly is much more persuasive than beating someone over the head and condemning their core beliefs.
    It is my hope that some people in the Bethel Headquarters may see some of my suggestions and take them to heart.
    With that said, there are absolutely things that have been done wrong, are being done wrong, and need to be addressed immediately before the Society can be considered something besides a cult.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Too Little, Too Late.

Punch me in the stomach and then invite me back for another session of "love"?

No thanks.

Get Behind Us Governing Body, satan, you think men's thoughts and not God's. You believe you can not only pull the wool over the publishers eyes but now those you have murdered by your hypocrisy and crass self-worship as well?

Keep your soft-touch brochure it means nothing. You want to get the inactive back? You already know how..imitate Jesus! But that's too hard for those who never knew him in the first place.

Frank

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A positive change is good, but you can't expect a pat on the back for FINALLY fixing your own F***K-UPS, especially when you made the claim that you are the channel of GOD.

NOPE!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

DD

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

it doesn't matter what sins you've done, or what caused you to leave, if you repent to Jehovah and ask the Elders to help you, and return to the Meetings, you'll be warmly welcomed with no disciplinary action or judgment against you.

Yea, right - If you believe that - perhaps I can interest you in a bridge that you can add to your investment portfolio for a small price.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It claims it doesn't matter what sins you've done, or what caused you to leave, if you repent to Jehovah and ask the Elders to help you, and return to the Meetings,

Your a Piece Of Garbage ..But..

.........WE`RE HERE TO HELP..

.........................Image result for Interrogation

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

By what right are they offering forgiveness? Are they administering the ransom? Do they have the gavel?

We will have confessionals and be offered absolution next. And they say there is no clergy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit