IF you believe in evolution, theistic or not.....

by DATA-DOG 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

We are apes. The only reason gorillas don't ride cowboy or lie hand to foot is because their brains are smaller etc. We dress up, we but stuff, we try to rule the other apes. We are just the lucky humans who evolved further. We are changing the way we look as a species right now. Did you see this article?

http://www.trueactivist.com/this-is-what-americans-will-look-like-by-2050-and-its-stunning/

I'm happy to be making my own damn decisions and living guilt free without feeling unworthy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

prologos - "I just thought that I could more easily explain the rise of the cuckoo bird behaviour( or any parasite) by evolution..."

Oh yeah; evolution does a way better job than creationism at explaining the weirder shit found in nature.

x

One of the big things for me was realizing that the bulk of creationist objections against evolution used selective- or mis-quoting, ad hoc and straw man arguments, and semantic gymnastics, etc.

However, if the only way you can defend creationism is by "dirty lawyer" tactics, you ultimately undermine any validity creationism might have...

...or, to put it more simply...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Nature documentaries never mentioned God, as far as I can remember. I grew up in 1960s and 1970s America where Evolution was taught in school as fact and God was not mentioned when it came to science.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

What I find wonderful is understanding the biochemical underpinnings for emotions and realizing that my cat is probably making just as much oxytocin as I am when I pet him. That suggests that animals "love" just like humans.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

GrreatTeacher - "That suggests that animals 'love' just like humans."

There isn't a dog- or cat-owner on the planet who wouldn't tell you that without having to hear it from a handful of guys in lab coats...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit