Am I the youngest one on here?

by Capstone 37 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

I agree with humbled, you sound amazing.

I grew up with a baptized mother and unbelieving father and my greatest wish is that I had pursued my education instead of listening to the Witneses.

I did later in life persue my education but look at all the time I lost!

Good for you for having the courage of your heart now.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

be glad that you figured it out before you too became a wt slave.

your mother oddly is forgetting a talk given a while ago, that mentions that if our children decide to not go to meetings its better to not make them feel unwanted or evil, invite them kindly, and even if they turn you down not to make an issue of it.God will take care of them and find the good in thier heart and like a prodigal son will return.

yea, right, the prodigal son returned becasue he was hungry, not repentant. lol

I never forced my kids to go to meetings, my mother did that to my brother and me, saying little things to make us feel guilty for not going. she still says things to my sister becasue she isnt living the life my mom thinks she should be, so she tells her shes demonized [shes got tatoos] and worships satan.

yea real christain huh? we tolerate it because shes 73.

your mother also is ignoring the bibles advice that she is to make her husband a priority in her life, and her children, apart from religion. and if he says its ok for you to not go to meetings she should support him. dad has the last word. kill her with kindness, tell her you thought she did a good job at being a mom so how can you be all that bad?

but dear, do not go moving in with a boyfreind just to get away from an uncomfortable situation at home. move into your own place. be independant. it builds character. keep dating till your really really sure you got the right Guy. you could be going from one bad situation to another. i know a lot of women who left the jw faith and becasue the men they married knew they used to be jws, used it as a reason to expect obedience, and then emotionally abused them. you want to avoid that.

take care!

• freddo
    freddo

You live in Western Europe, write English very well for a teenager but you call your mother "mom" and literature trolleys "carts"?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Interesting intro post. You write very well.

Welcome to JWN. Looking forward to knowing more about you and your progress.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

You have ALREADY TAKE THE MOST VITAL STEP!... You have GIVEN YOURSELF PERMISSION TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES!

I found that once I allowed myself the right to decide my steps, and life course, and refused to just go along with the "good witness crowd", then a whole life opens up to us. (And guess what? You dont automatically turn into a drugged out, pregnant, diseased ravaged, homeless person like the Witnesses will make out!)

You have started to make non witness friends; that is a great step.

Remember, "how you feel is up to you" "what you do with your life is up to you"

Enjoy it! Take care and be happy!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I told her how long it has been since I stopped believing but I don't want to say why.

Personally, I think that's a mistake and unfair to her.

She will suffer from NOT knowing, but you must present it in the right way.

You must present every issue as a question and give her the opportunity to "answer" the question.

We have all come to know that our "questions" could not be answered. That's TTATT.

She needs to come to know that one's "questions" CANNOT BE ASKED. That's TTATT as well.

If you tell her your concerns and she askes the Elders, she will find out (the hard way) that you cannot ask questions.

Good Luck!

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hi Capstone

Do you guys think I will have to talk to the elders or will they just announce that I'm no longer a unbaptized publisher anyways?

Thats all relevant to your attendance and to the elders themselves.

Thats why slowly fading away from this religion is always the best approach.

If they see you at the Hall and think your actions and behavior aren't in line with the controlling stature set out by the WTS.

then they will most likely approach you, particular more so if your mother talks to the elders.

Your mother's enforcing you to became a devout JWS and pushing you toward the meetings, is actual against the WTS's proclaimed

instruction pushing Faith on to people but most of the time people disregard that instruction.

Some of this pushing enforcement from parents comes from the fear induced indoctrination by the WTS, that the end is near etc.

and if one is to survive judgment day they have to stick close to the WTS Corporation.

And the other is more of attaining stature held by parents personally as to bringing up their children in this faith.

To not do so places an assuming failer on to parents, which is deemed as being irresponsible and guilt full as expressed by the WTS. itself.

So in reality the WTS. is hyopolcartical to their own professed assertions. .

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Wow, I admire you! I'm also from western Europe, 20+ and mainly got babtized because my mother wanted me to. So here I am living a double life. From personal experince, the best advice I want to give is, dont get involved further with this cult, you are a free person, your life is ahead of you. And you dont want to waste time on boring meetings and even more boring ministry. Good luck to you!

• silent
    silent

With the counsel against higher education, how are you supposed to be no part of this world when you have to go on welfare to support yourself? That makes you MORE a part of this system. And how are you to have any money left over for the donation box? I've often said to my wife, "Since other religions have their own schools, instead of the JWs telling their rank and file that it's basically a sin to further your education in the world's system, why don't they open up their own colleges and universities to teach skills so that the rank and file can get jobs? At least they might be able to educate a new generation of minion who can afford to put in more than 25 cents a week.

• Capstone
    Capstone

Thanks everyone!

A couple of weeks have passed now. At first I felt good about it as I mentioned in earlier posts but during the last few days I have been feeling rather hopeless. I'm not that close to my worldly friends and it feels like I can't trust anyone. It all happened so suddenly and I wasn't prepared at all. I wouldn't go back so I could be with my old friends because I know it would never be the same anyways but I don't know what to do now. Even though I was sad when I was in and not believing it feels even worse now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit