Plastic buckets in Paradise

by Sour Grapes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Trillaz said that roughly 10% of the Watchtower study is talking about the pictures. The picture in today's study of first century Christains preaching is a keeper. The comments at my hall were "notice that our first century brothers going door to door have their book bags with them however they did not have the Watchtower and the Awake magazines back then." Someone else chimes in with "look how far we have come compared to the first century. We are now using our IPads featuring JW.Org." Our hall with analyze the pictures even considering the posture and smiles on the faces in the pics. Witnesses consider the pictures in the Watchtower as from God.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The buckets are for JWs to carry around forever. They go poo-poo and pee-pee in those buckets and then use their perfect waste for fertilizer.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Also, I agree about the pictures. JWs see the advertising on JW.ORG and the WT pictures as reality. Jeehoober told the artists what to draw, that way we KNOW what life in the 1st century was like! Yes, everyone had scrolls and book bags!! I wouldn't be surprised to see a picture of a first century trolley cart in a WT.

DD

• LogCon
    LogCon

Years ago an elder, who had grown up on a farm, told me that in the 'new system' he was going to have a tractor.

I asked him, "Who is going to make the tractor for you, because I sure ain't?.

He just gave me a dumb look and remained silent.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I remember one paradise food table had a Corningware blue cornflower dish on it. Huh? we thought. Then somebody said they use references that are common to us to make it more real.

Okaaaay.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Why do they put such store on the illustrations in the books? I can rember the phrase that "it is just an artist's impression of what it may be like". Now they seem to view them as an inspired window on the New World! Can they not accept that someone in the art dept. drew it or photo'd it that way using what he had. It is just a stupid picture , get over it!

*** w87 3/1 p. 15 pars. 18-19 ‘Upon the Watchtower I Am Standing’ ***

To this day the Governing Body follows similar guidelines. Each article in both The Watchtower and Awake! and every page, including the artwork, is scrutinized by selected members of the Governing Body before it is printed. Furthermore, those who assist in writing articles for The Watchtower are Christian elders who appreciate the seriousness of their assignment. (Compare 2 Chronicles 19:7.) They spend many hours in researching the Bible and other reference material to make sure that what is written is the truth and that it faithfully follows the Scriptures. (Ecclesiastes 12:9, 10; 2 Timothy 1:13) It is not unusual for one magazine article—that you may read in 15 minutes—to take from two weeks to over a month to prepare.

Therefore, you can read The Watchtower and Awake! with confidence. ...

If there is a plastic bucket in the 'paradise' picture, then you can be confident that it is scriptural truth that plastic buckets will exist in 'paradise.'

So now I would like to see this plastic bucket pic. Which publication and which page?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I asked him, "Who is going to make the tractor for you, because I sure ain't?

And will it run on fossil fuels or biofuels? Or solar energy? Or what?

vvv Snap :-)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dunno about plastic buckets, but I did see a Tractor, what the hell did that run on ? And what Scripture supports that one ?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The picture in today's study of first century Christains preaching is a keeper.

It's less of a keeper than this classic:

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

The one I always enjoyed was this WT quote:

Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way.

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" -- How? (book, 1971) pp. 376-377

In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets.

Watchtower 1960 April 1 p.219 Part 35: "Your Will Be Done on Earth"

I was actually present during the study of the "Know Jehovah" book and recall my suprise at this speculation.

Now, let's ignore the fact that human remains are made up of many different elements (would we require say, "anti-calcium" or would we need an "anti-corpse" to anihilate each set of remains? Thus far, anti-helium is the most complex anti-atom detected.), the energy produced in a matter/antimatter reaction is roughly 100-times greater than the energy density of a typical fusion reaction.

If we are considering 7-billion sets of remains (in varying levels of decay) and we assume an average weight of say, 20 kilograms, we would wind up with a matter/antimatter reaction of of some 154-megatons X 2 (corpse mass + equivalent anti-corpse) or 31-gigatons of similar fusions reactions.

This would be quite dramatic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit