Lurker no more

by DaleRivers 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DaleRivers
    DaleRivers

Hi folks:

I've been lurking here all summer and I finally decided to take the plunge and join you all.

I'm a single, 53 y/o Black woman living in the NYC metro area (USA). I was brought up around JWs:mom's mom, mom and my favorite auntie were all in. I got baptised when I was 20/21 and left about 20 years later. During those years I had some doubts but kept them to myself. At a time of family crisis, I began to fade (without even knowing that was a thing)thinking that 'the truth' was just not for me. This past summer has been a real eye opener for me:from reading JW SURVEY, JW FACTS,various forums, and actually using my grey matter I came to the conclusion that I wasted my youth in a cult. I'm so glad places like these exist:you guys have made me laugh, cry, and it's good to know there are others who understand .

• jam
    jam

Welcome..

• designs
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

I hear the same story like yours over and over again. I wasted 40 years serving men in Brooklyn.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I came to the conclusion that I wasted my youth in a cult. I'm so glad places like these exist:you guys have made me laugh, cry, and it's good to know there are others who understand .

Welcome, we do understand.

You are not alone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum Dale

Your just another person who realized that the Truth orchestrated by the WTS. , wasn't really the Truth at all but was an organized group of lies

by corrupt self supporting opportunistic men, exploiting the ever present belief in the bible, running their own publishing house.

The WTS. intensionally created an illusion that they were channeling information to all humanity from god, when in reality they were channeling

information to empower themselves through their own literature publications .

Poorly educated men playing god can only result in predictable damage for humanity.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Welcome, DaleRivers! It seems to be the case for almost every ex-JW that we didn't decide to truly leave the religion until it clearly just wasn't working for us. Only at some point after that did we start to learn TTATT. It seems that the brain refuses to engage until we are emotionally ready for it to do so

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! So good to have you actively posting. :) I look forward to hearing more from you over the coming months. Don't be afraid to post and ask questions. You will get differing opinions, but I found that very helpful as I examined all I thought I knew.

Congratulations on the rest of your life. I was lucky to get out in my late thirties. Others have had it much worse than me, yourself included. But, one thing I find helpful is to try to do something each day that I enjoy. Even if I worked long hours and had a crappy day, I try to do something each day that makes the day feel valuable. I might read on here, or read some in a book, or watch a TV show I enjoy, or go for a longer walk, or help a homeless person. It just helps me to do something that makes the day a positive. Because, now I look at my days as finite and passing quickly. So I want each day to have some positive aspect. Works for me lol.

Best of luck!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Welcome!! I wanted to be the first to say, "Hello", but this damn phone wouldn't let me. Oh, well.

Anyway this site has it all!! Trolls, assholes, Evangelicals, agnostics, atheists, faders, anti-Christ's, mentally diseased apostates with spiritual hydrophobia!! Laughter, tears, confusion, gender-bending, cross-dressing, gay bars, pep-rally's ( ok, not so sure about that ) antidisestablishmentarianism, tight pants and anger management issues!

Rant away!!

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome!

You seem to have a great attitude about it all!

Little or no anger or antimosity in your comments.

Good luck,

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit