December 1,2014 watchtower saying buying house is bad

by hoser 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I don't can read here that JW's are forced to not buy a house..

Of course not !

The implying suggestion is that seeking material wealth to pay for homes isn't really putting Godly things first.

Putting so much time and effort to pay for your own home, is time taken away from service and pioneering.

The other thing the WTS. doesn't equate as something important is saving up for retirement, that too is a waste,

since money and will be useless in the new order.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Enzo: There is only an advice giving to not buy a house if you can not afford it.

I know English is not your primary language, but the quoted material absolutely does not say that. To infer it is speculative.

That being said, I agree that people should not borrow money to buy things they cannot afford. Nevertheless, the WT in its typical manner gives vague, obtuse direction that is open to all kinds of interpretations.

WT writers have honed the art of writing in such a way that it's easy to read into their words things that aren't explicitly stated.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

WT writers have honed the art of writing in such a way that it's easy to read into their words things that aren't explicitly stated.

Ain't that a fact!

- e.g. 1975

In those years, anybody contemplating buying a house was regarded as barking mad - "why buy a house, only to have somebody take it off you" (i.e during the Great Tribulation).

Bill.

• prologos
    prologos

The WT croc is to link payment problems to spiritual conditions.

In my neck of the woods, all retired COs own property.

House prices are ~2.5 times what they were ~10 years ago.! a great investment to live in style. Tax Free! but not mortgage deductable.

Germany is different, look at the pictures, It is faster, more efficient, greener to build an apartment unit than a detached house that soon will have a pool, triple garage added to it. and a freeway, beltway to accomodate the hours commute to work.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The problem is that the WTBTS is deliberately ambiguous when they write such nonsense. I believe they know full well that most dubs will interpret this article as ," Houses bad-Donations good!!!" Or better yet, think of it this way, if most Jws chose to sell their homes and rent ( sending the excess $$$$ to Mother) would the GB clarify the matter?? Or would they simply allow the JWs to believe the article was discouraging owning a home??

Sheesus, did anyone pay attention to the service meeting part that talked abou the shitty life of a missionary?!?! These bozos write whatever they can to ensure that dubs are guilty about having a normal life. Also, these are the same watchtards that encourage people to sell everything before 1975.

DD

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

so now they are investment advisors?

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

But buying millions of dollars in property for the Lord's work isn't? The God I worship isn't short of cash mister, and just like in Solomon's time, he "doesn't dwell in human abodes."

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The article was about a couple that "in their younger years". They are not so young now, presumably. Maybe they can't work now. Too bad they didn't buy a home to live in and their kids are bugging them for money to help support their ministry as Pioneers or Bethelites (If they haven't shunned them for being DFd).

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Disgusting and irresponsible hypocritical statements by the greedy, money-grabbing global property development empire otherwise known as the Watchtower Society.

Written by mostly childless men in ivory towers at Watchtower headquarters jealous for JW's funds to come to their monstrous religious corporate, not on mortgage payments, who have never lived in the 'world' with a proper job having to support a young family.

A$$holes!

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

Theredeemer, Exactly!!! I would love to hear someone comment exactly that during a Sunday WT review. Ha! Can you imagine.

If you don't want me to buy a house then stop taking my money for new jdub bldgs! I would pay admission to go and sit in the KH while someone said this or something like it during the study. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit