December 1,2014 watchtower saying buying house is bad

by hoser 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Remember the a$$holes that vomit this shite prolly landed in Beth Hell in their teens, and have never lived a real life. All their bills are paid as they live in a cocoon of ignorant self righteousness.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

If armaggedon is soooo close, then why build a new facility for the GB, why build new KHs and why keep spending money for new conventions? Is god going to magically protect these buildings? Never mind the big A, what about the Great Tribulation? Arent the governments going to attack the witnesses and destroy or take over these buildings anyway? Why give them more to take away? Having the witnesses buy houses to use for the Great tribulation would be a better strategy if you are really planning for it since the houses would serve as secrete meeting places and be able to house those brothers looking for shelter in hard times.

Oh wait...I forgot....ITS ALL BULLSHIT!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

Is god going to magically protect these buildings?

Oh yes, absolutely, the most brain-dead of the JWs fully believe that Jehovah will spare the WT buildings when the big "A" hits.

Most probably believe that is precisely why they are building the new HQ in such a remote location - so it is easier to preserve when the flaming hailstones start flying.

Evidently Jehovah's aim is sometimes a little off, so they are making it easier for him.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Ok ...lets say god will protect the building during the big A, what about the great tribulation? If he protects it during that time then is it really a great tribulation? Wouldnt he rather protect his people rather than his property?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

hamsterbait: Remember the a$$holes that vomit this shite prolly landed in Beth Hell in their teens, and have never lived a real life. All their bills are paid as they live in a cocoon of ignorant self righteousness.

This is a huge point.

It's easy for THEM to tell US to "simplify" our lives and not be materialistic when they live a very cushy life with every creature comfort take care of.

• But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.” - Matthew 8:20

What effin' hypocrites.

My advice: Just completely ignore everything they say and live your own life. You'll be much, much happier. I know it worked for me and everyone else that threw off the shackles of the WT leadership.

• pixel
    pixel

I've heard people in my congo saying that the new headquaters will be like the headquaters of the new world. Go figure.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

pixel: I've heard people in my congo saying that the new headquaters will be like the headquaters of the new world. Go figure.

Why would it not BE "the headquarters of the 'new world'" according to their theology?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

In many Asian countries, the dilemma may be between owning, renting and living with family. Rent in most asian countries I have been to is not really cheap. The only way many people have homes is that they live in large family homes with several groups or generations-which is likely what that couple resorted to rather than renting. Just helping out mom with utilities is a lot cheaper!

IF the "story" actually has any basis in fact.

• minimus
    minimus

Nah, they were trying to suggest that buying a house was the problem. Remember they "admired" those that owned a home. So they did what everyone who buys a house does, borrow money from the bank and work at paying the mortgage. Big deal.

• Enzo
    Enzo

I don't can read here that JW's are forced to not buy a house.. There is only an advice giving to not buy a house if you can not afford it.. The problem is the interpretation a few JW's could give.. a lot of other papers, did already give this advice, in times of crisis..l But everybody of us now their own economic situation, and has to evaluate personally, if it is wise to buy a house..It's a personal decision..and if you decide it, enjoy living in your new house..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit