Why I hate Tuesdays

by kneehighmiah 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Missed "Happy Days" and "The Waltons" We got home in time for "Three's Company" and "Benny Hill" though. I would have preferred the "wholesome" shows, but family programming was over on tv by time we got home. . .

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

ShirleyW, yes I remember Friday night ministry. I was at school then and DREADED meeting someone I knew. I suffered so much anxiety through those times!!!!

• SAHS
    SAHS

I used to hate all the meetings (still do!), but the big midweek meeting, usually Tuesday, was always harder to bear – I think because of it being later in the day than the Sunday meeting when you’re already naturally starting to feel tired and want to begin gearing down.

The thing that really pissed me off (still does!) is when the circuit overseer visited and always had his little whip-cracking meeting on Friday. I used to hate his guts since childhood, since all my favorite TV shows were usually on Friday night. I thought it was such an ego trip for the guy to always have the meeting schedule changed just to accommodate him.

Of course, I treasure the day (whenever that will be) when I never have to set one foot into a Kingdom Hall ever again. That will have to be when my fade is completely accomplished, which will obviously involve getting my debts paid off so I can finally move out from my elderly parents’ place and live on my own. (Time and money are my two longtime enemies as far as that goes.)

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

as a child, I hated satrudays and sundays because i was dificult to wake up. school for me was a nightmare.

i hated service, so saturday was not a day i looked forward to.

my mother would spring on me at the last moment the news that we were going out in service, be it after the meeting or saturday morn.

i was never mentally prepared.

she never made plans she thrust stuff on me out of the blue. and week nights shed be the last one out, we wouldnt get home till 10 or 11 pm

and i had to get up for school at 6. i needed 10 hours of sleep half my life.

every single time school had any sort of event, like open house , or a football game, or anything fun. it was always on a tuesday or thursday. it

never failed!

so i couldnt go. my mom never ever did anything for me involvong school.[she wouldn miss a meeting no matter what,even when my dad was in the hospital! shed leave him for a convention too.]

i had one friend in school. and if my mom had her way she would have put a stop to it.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yes the dread that hung over Tuesday and Thursday. Another boring meeting that kept our kids up way tooo late.

just saying

eyeuse2badub

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I don't even think about it any more, just happy to make my own choices about how to spend my off-work time.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Ah, the pre-VCR meeting nights. I never saw any of these shows as a kid because they were always on Tues or Thurs nights

The Waltons
    Happy Days
    Cliffhangers
    Mork and Mindy
    Magnum PI
    Man From Atlantis
    Simon and Simon

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

lol j dubb, if you watched them now theyd all put you to sleep probably!

when i try to watch stuff from that era now i think wow how dull.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Something like The Waltons, set in another era, has a timeless quality.

Shows set in contemporary times become really dated after a couple decades; especially if they are trying to be hip or futuristic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit