Why I hate Tuesdays

by kneehighmiah 28 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

All throughout my life Tuesdays were my meeting nights. Well Tuesdays and Thursdays to be more precise, when we had book study But book study was at my house so it wasn't terrible. Anyways as a kid I hated coming home from school, doing homework and then going to the meetings. I didn't mind Sunday morning meetings. But I hated evening meetings as a kid. Then as i got older and got a job, I hated coming home tired and having to change clothes and go to the meeting. Now that I've woken up, it's funny to me that the Watchtower tried so hard to convince us that doing things we hated made us joyful and refreshed. I will probably always hate Tuesdays for the rest of my life. I will probably always think twice when someone asks me to do something on a Tuesday evening. So stupid.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Now Tuesday night is Sons of Anarchy night

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi kneehigh... hey tuesdays for me mostly mean an evening visit to see a few mates of mine playing rock n roll.

A couple!!of pints of real ale and a curry or kebab.

Oh yes I recall those tuesday book studies and ďrudging home in the Scottish weather.

My advice find something your really interested in to occupy your Tuesday's and recall with a wry smile how they used to be.

Best wishes.

• All for show
    All for show

I think this very thought often. I HATED t/th as a kid and I still do to this day. Who goes out late at night for a religious meeting, with kids until 9pm? Other churches yes, but they were youth groups and the other kids looked forward to going and having fun!! I always felt guilty school friends had fun at church and i felt it was such a drudgery. School Kids would always invite me, they were not like our "meetings" From their description. What a dumb name too, everything about being a JW had to be so different And boring.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Ha! You could have been writing straight from my brain, I felt/feel exactly the same! Tuesdays was the worst, the group was at my house too!

Now at least it's only one night a week for me.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Funny, I wondered if others felt this way too. I think I'm mostly over it, but when I was younger, there was always this cloud over my head, slightly spoiling my mood, on Tuesday and Thursday. I could never fully enjoy the day because I knew what was coming at the end of it.

Even though I still attend the mid-week meeting, I think the cloud over my head is a lot smaller because the reduction from two mid-week meetings to one makes it a lot less onerous, and also it doesn't hurt to stay up that late like it did when I was a growing teen.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I hate Tuesdays because they`re so close to Wednesdays..

It makes Tuesdays think they`re just as important as Wednesdays,simply by association..

Well they`re not!..

Wednesday is Hump Day..

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief on Hump Day..

The Hump Day Camel wanders around offices all over the world and cheers people up..

....................................http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif..OUTLAW

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I always hated the evening meetings as well. As a working mom it was really hard to have to work all day, come home, fix dinner, get everyone dressed up and drag them to the meetings. When my son was younger he would often fall asleep, so I would have to carry him to the car, then wake him up to get him out of the car and into his PJs and into bed. Once he time he was so out of it he urinated into the bath tub instead of the toilet. Then it was always harder to get them up for school the next morning.

• Separation of Powers
  • quellycatface
    quellycatface

It used to break into my wine appreciation evenings. So I dumped the jdubs!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit