Why I hate Tuesdays

by kneehighmiah 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Going on almost 4 years of not going to meeting I can honestly say I don't even think about it anymore. Like most have said I hated going to meetings at night. Still Totally ADD

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

@keyser soze: Now Tuesday night is Sons of Anarchy night

Now Tuesday night is Zooey Deschanel and Mindy Kaling night ;)

That's all folks!

DarK SpliveR

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

We had the ministry on Friday nights up until the early 70's. Then it got changed over to Thursdays. Everyone looks forward to Friday as the end of the work/school week, but noooo, Dubs had to come home eat and go back out again instead of resting in front of the TV or something.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I'm not sure what's worse: Sitting through a meeting or sitting through an episode of Sons of Anarchy. Both contain lots of nonsensical words and bad cover tunes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When you have been out for a good while like me, it never comes to mind to think, this is Meeting night, or I would have been going out in F.S now !

Those sort of thoughts came to me in the early years, not now, now it is whatever interesting thing we are going to do, living the Real Life.

The JW past is another country I left a long while ago, and it is such a sad, dry, boring, pointless country, I don't even want to think about it.

Hey Outlaw !

when I read through your post, and saw that Wednesday was Hump day, I thought, I don't always get to hump on a Wednesday ? then I read the rest of your post.

• SG098
    SG098

i feel EXACTLY the same kneehighmiah. I don't go to meetings anymore yet Tuesdays still have a bad vibe,.

Thanks a lot watchtower for psychologically ruining my tuesdays.

• idiotnomore
    idiotnomore

Our ministry school was on Thursday nights. I hated the whole day because I knew my evening would be stolen and ruined. I would rush home from work, rush to get ready, rush to the hall, and sit there bored as hell all night. And what really pissed me off was having to wait for my wife who just had to talk to each and every person for over an hour. I finally had to put my foot down and tell her she could stay for 20 minutes after the meeting and then we were gone. The only thing that made it halfway bearable was anticipating the whole bottle of Chardonnay I would treat myself with afterwards.

• scary21
    scary21

When I was growing up, our meeting was on Friday. A non school night, when as a young person I wanted to go to a show or do something fun but NO Friday night at the meeting, Saturday service, and Sunday afternoon watchtower study. No time for any fun. The whole weekend shot.

Loved Mondays but back for the book study on Tues. Wednesday was the best. I LOVED Wednesday because I would have two days off in a row. I remember waking up on Wednesday mornings and being soooooooo happy. What a way to grow up.

Guess I never made the truth my own, and felt guilty about that for years. Just never could make myself like it.

Sherry

• WILDSHISHA
    WILDSHISHA

Tuesday afternoon, the Moody Blues

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree!

I dreaded meeting nights as a kid growing up! It seemed that everything was a stressful smothering activity all focused on the stress of rushing to the meeting....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit