NEW 'Bible Teach' book... to be released at Annual Meeting?

by Calebs Airplane 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this board yet, but I just heard from a fairly reliable source that the annual meeting will discuss, among other things, major changes in the 'Bible Teach' book. Has anyone else heard this??

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"In this regard, we are pleased to announce that revised editions of What Does the Bible Really Teach? and “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love” will be released in the future. Recent adjustments related to doctrinal matters will be reflected in the revised editions. Also, material in the revised books will be updated to contain quotations and references from the revised New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. ...

"... Congregations should continue to request What Does the Bible Really Teach? and “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love” to maintain a modest supply at the Kingdom Hall. This will assist in reducing existing stock at the branch office before the revisions are released. As the revised editions become available in each language, they will be used to fill congregation requests." - Recent BOE/Cong. letter.

No mention of what will be discussed at the AGM, of course, but it wouldn't be surprising if the GB and co. expand on the revisions.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Polishing a turd.

Of course the very Title of the book should put off any thinking person, who knows full well that the Bible teaches nothing. The Bible is a collection of maunderings by men of Millenia past.

People, usually men again, plus the occasional woman, interpret these writings any way they want, and then claim , LOUDLY, "BIBLE SAYS ".

Whenever you hear "Bible Says" or "Bible Teaches" think, no, YOU say, You "Teach".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"What do we teach this week about what the Bible really Teaches?"

That should be the name of the book.

or:

"What does the GB really teach?"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Or my suggestion: Our Current Spin On What the Bible Teaches.

• Laika
    Laika

So I suppose the bible never really taught those things that now need to be revised? Wonderful.

• stillin
    stillin

Confusion and misdirection for years and years, but THIS time we really got it right!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If that's what the bible really teaches then there shouldn't be any revisions.

Obviously something revised only shows that the bible didn't really teach that in the first place.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The official stance is that they are using quotes from the new NWT Bible, but a comparison will reveal other changes I am sure.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

To show that they definitely got it right this time, the book will be titled, "What does the Bible Really Really Teach?"

Phizzy: Yes, the quotes will be changed to use the new NWT, but they are also updating doctrinal subjects. I suppose if the F&DS is touched on (can't be bothered to look), for instance, that will need updating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit