London Press Conference on CULTS and UNDUE INFLUENCE - Aug 22, 2014

by Watchtower-Free 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Enzo
    Enzo

Bohm: I think that you could be a great cabaretier.. ( a person who is capable to tell a lot of baloneys, a good entertainer for an audience)

and by the way you forgot one thing iin your description: Enzo : an independent thinker ( underestimated quality)..

• bohm
    bohm

Enzo: you forgot one thing iin your description: Enzo : an independent thinker

Aww how cute! the problem is your thinking is completely independent of what other people are asking you about. I know, I know, your many academic credentials allows you not to be bogged down with any sensible interaction...

Hassan BAD enzo GOOD

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Steve Hassan's books (I only have one though and that is enoug for me) are helpful for part of the journey imo and to that extent I agree with those in favour of Hassan but i also agree with enzo's points about choice and responsiblity.

the problem with giving Hassan too much importance is that his thinking could actually be a stumbling block for recovery because of the emphasis he puts on mind control and on his own ideas for breaking free. I think it is better to explore that we did exercise some choice in becoming Jehovahs witnesses and this would apply even to those born in - (many born-ins choose not to become/remain witnesses so there is some choice involved and they often rebel in their own private thoughts feelings) because at the end of the day our minds are much more imaginative and resourceful than Hassan allows for. Indeed Hassan himself woke up suddenly - mind control did not prevent him from doing this.

I certainly would not spend any more money on Hassan or his books/counselling/whatever else he sells particularly as he now seems to think his expertise is so remarkable that he can come here to London and be given what appears to be star billing too - bloody hell an expert who self publishes - give me a break.

• Enzo
    Enzo

Breakfast of champions: answer at your question: The BITE model, is a model , based on research made by others, during the years.. if you are doing your research, and you are doing a rational analys, you really understand what I am meaning.. It is a self fabbricated model, that in every new book is changing something..I have nothing against Hassan, but my conclusion about his model is to call it a self fabbricated model based on research of others, and basedon his personal experience during his interventions.(always even succesfull?)is my conclusions based on my rational analys, made by a lot of research by me, and other professionals, who are also expert in the Cult Issue.. A good sales marketing strategy isn't it? Making money on a smart way is not the only privilege reserved at cults in these days...

• Enzo
    Enzo

A very remarkable comment Rugby456.. A interesting point of view..

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

thanks Enzo. I did benefit greatly from Steve Hassan's book but I realised that not everything he experienced and offers applies to jehovah's witnesses.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I liked fake Enzo's answer better.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

this is interesting enzo

my conclusions based on my rational analys, made by a lot of research by me, and other professionals, who are also expert in the Cult Issue..

I prefer to to think i was in a high control situation rather than in a cult but am still interested in what research you have been looking into. please share

• Enzo
    Enzo

Ruby:456: I can understand your feelings, being involved in a high control situation isn't pretty at all, I have mentioned certain books, on earlier posts adressed to TJ curioso.. But I will to an afford this week, and send you a PM, if you Like

Ps: sorry for my English... I speak Italian, french, Dutch, but English is not my favourite language..

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Are there any links to Cedars' effort to have Charity status revoked?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit