Found my old baptism photo!

by nicolaou 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thanks Nic for sharing! to remember is to live again and avoid anything cult related

• snakeface
    snakeface

I got baptized in 1981. At that time I and most other brothers wore "squarecut" swimsuits and were shirtless. It was common for sisters to wear bathing suits. Everyone would run to view the baptisims....because we wanted to see.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Scandalous, I say.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I used to cringe at the sight of these "sisters" casting off their robes to descend into the pool in their swimming costumes ..It seemed in poor taste . I knew a girl who was totally commited but put off baptism for years because she could not stand the thought of the ordeal. I mentioned it once to our old P O who said "yeah.. it is meant to be a public demonstration of your faith, not your body" !

Nic, I wonder wher your baptism was, I don't think that Hasebridge (Surrey) was in use in 1980, perhaps Dudley ? and man , that is not the prettiest Kingdom Hall that I have seen ...

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

Is that Bowes Road?!!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi ItsMyLife

what goes around comes around....

check out nicolaou's posting from seven years ago ;)

(baptism pool front of stage on left hand side as viewed in photo in link below)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/145416/1/Anyone-else-get-baptised-at-BOWES-ROAD-North-London

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• KateWild
    KateWild

Nice photo's nic, I bet you're glad you're awake. Kate xx

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

that reminds me! i have to find mine and throw them out.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

You and your little brother are precious.

That KHall above you is hideous.

So happy for you that you woke up and got out. Did your brother make the journey out as well?

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit