Watch Tower Society holds GOVERNMENT SHARES!

by LennaB 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LennaB
    LennaB

Securities and Exchange Commission: http://www.sec.gov/Archives...
    Name: The Watchtower Society
    Class A Shares Owned: 5,073,200
    Percentage of Class A Shares Owned: 44.94%
    Rand Cam Corporation - Developers of cold turbine engine project, funded by the U.S. Military (Navy).

What happen to 1.Having NO polictical/government affiliantion? and 2.Not learning war/picking up arms?

Psalm 46:9 He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; He burns the military wagons with fire. -NWT

Isaiah 2:4 He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will they learn war anymore. -NWT

• designs
    designs

Its 12 years old.

• LennaB
    LennaB

I'm just finding all this stuff out. Thought it would be good for other people who are just finding these things out as well.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I heard they had some Rand Cam shares, is that info up to date? Did they get out of it??

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum

LennaB, I think it is good to post stuff like that - for those newly waking up and as a reminder to people like me. I was aware of it, but had forgotten. There's so much to process that it can't all be absorbed at one time.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Government affiliations are inevitable in this day and age. This is why the Org is/was (?) registered as NGO at the UN. It served to bring our ministry/relief work/workers to other nations with the appropriate protection, thus serving a greater 'good'.

On the same line of thought, it's not wise to have money stagnant; it must be invested somehow. In doing so, it's next to impossible to keep investments clear of shady subjects involved in the whole investment process.

To the ordinary, intelligent JW this is nothing out of this world worthy of any scandal; nothing more than smart moves coming from our smart Org.

GC

• LennaB
    LennaB

If you are suppose to show integrity, it does'nt matter what day and age it is.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

LennaB,

In case you've failed to realize it previously, here's an absolute truth regarding the Org: Integrity/Truth are relative to the circumstance.

Just my personal assessment. Listen, this is why so many within just treat it like just a religion: Take the good, leave the bad or not applicable, and keep moving on 'til the day of expiration.

Believe me, it's so much nicer this way!

GC

• Magnum
    Magnum

Gustv Cintrn: This is why the Org is/was (?) registered as NGO at the UN. It served to bring our ministry/relief work/workers to other nations with the appropriate protection, thus serving a greater 'good'.

So you're saying that it's OK to break the rules if doing so serves a "greater good"? If that is what you're saying, then by your reasoning it would be OK to transfuse some donated blood to save the life of child bleeding out on an operating table? That would be breaking the blood transfusion prohibition to serve a greater good - saving a life. What's more important - the symbol of life or life itself? Wouldn't you say that a symbol is less important than that which it symbolizes?

Also, I don't buy your argument for the reason why the org joined the UN. The facts don't indicate that the reason you gave is the reason the org joined.

On the same line of thought, it's not wise to have money stagnant; it must be invested somehow. In doing so, it's next to impossible to keep investments clear of shady subjects involved in the whole investment process.

Since I lost my entire adult life to JWdom, I was always financially broke and never had any money to invest, so I am ignorant in this area. However, I don't accept your argument. I don't believe "it's next to impossible to keep investments clear of shady subjects involved in the whole investment process."

To the ordinary, intelligent JW this is nothing out of this world worthy of any scandal; nothing more than smart moves coming from our smart Org.

First, as has been mentioned on this forum many times, there aren't many intelligent JWs. The days of attracting intelligent ones to the org are over and many of the intelligent ones who were baptized in the past have left.

Second, by stating "To the ordinary, intelligent JW this is nothing out of this world worthy of any scandal", you imply that most JWs are aware of these issues. You are wrong; they are not aware.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Accept my comments/arguments, don't accept'em, don't matter.

They're my assessment based on my own and very old experience, my reality. Just the way it is.

Believe you me, the average Hispanic JW couldn't care any less about 'NGO'/Investments/etc. stuff. They don't even understand the concepts, much less care.

We're just a gregarious bunch, really happy about the social interactions while trying to keep some sort of biblical morality; and the rest can just fall where it may and we wouldn't even notice, and if we did, didn't care.

GC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit