Today's WT study!. Watch out for the "wicked" in the cong!

by stuckinarut2 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

1980 all over again....

• Quandry
    Quandry

Ah, yes....love is the identifying mark, isn't it?

Instead of encouragement for others, letting others know that they are precious in God's eyes, lets look with a suspicious eye at everyone around us.

Brother Ill hasn't been to meetings? How dare he. That sister over there said the only job she could find had her working on one meeting night....I don't know......And just because that brother's parent in another state is dying is no reason to miss field service this weekend.

How glad I am not to be sitting and listening to this depressing, guilt-tripping drivel. No one is good enough for them.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The hell with them, think for yourself!

Think!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

........ and the Watchtower Corporation is wicked indeed.

Reflectively from that you could say the WTS./JWS is an apostate organization.

What people should do during a JC is stating they have no desire to associate themselves with apostates

The bible also clearly states that if one is to remain righteous in the eyes of god, they are to shun evil doers as well false prophets.

• Mr. Self-Destruct
    Mr. Self-Destruct

I studied this article with my family last night and cut was so hard not to speak up and tell them it's a cult. And now we're off to the meeting, oh the paranoia.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This article calls me a "garbage bucket" ......if you follow the "Message Bible" . the article likens us to thos "utensils lacking honour " ..2 Tim 2 ;20.

or

20-21 In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets—some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage. Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.

The Message.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This is a FB comment from a schoolmate who still attends:

Watchtower lesson today was very good. I gotta do better and make better "decisive decisions". Especially where my spirituality is in danger. My Father is speaking to me!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So, does paragraph 13 mean I can grow a beard with no repercussions?

Opinions about dress and grooming [...] may also trigger controversy. Accordingly, of no scriptural principle is being violated Jehovah's people wisely abstain from arguing over such matters, "for a slave of the Lord dies not need to fight, but needs to be gentle towards all.

I'm going to have to put this one in my back pocket.

Edit: the more I think about this, the more awesome it is. Not only does it give ammunition for you to do whatever you want, it condemns anyone who would fight with you over it (I.e the elders) even if it causes a controversy!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How strange today's study was!

Warning examples of apostacy, and saying to all witnesses "watch for bad associations in the cong"

Talk about paranoia and distrust amongst themselves!

...........................................................................................OUTLAW

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OEJ: Not only does it give ammunition for you to do whatever you want, it condemns anyone who would fight with you over it (I.e the elders) even if it causes a controversy!

No, no, no.

There is always the "scriptural" trump cards:

• Do not be stumbling one another - Romans 14:13
    • Be obedient to those taking the lead - Hebrews 13:17

I'm beginning to think you don't really understand how this thing works.

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit