Today's WT study!. Watch out for the "wicked" in the cong!

by stuckinarut2 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How strange today's study was!

Warning examples of apostacy, and saying to all witnesses "watch for bad associations in the cong"

Talk about paranoia and distrust amongst themselves!

oh man.....

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Ooh looking forward to this one! Let's see if anyonetalks to me after!

• zeb
    zeb

I recall a similar where the bad people were the 'murmerers'. But the info given was so uttwerly abtuse that the definition could mean anything. It did provoke a divide and conquer methodology though.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

When I was studying about six years ago and attending meetings, an elder gave a similar talk. I told my study conductor that I didn't like the idea of having to 'judge' the worthiness of others in the congregation. Weren't we supposed to all be one happy family?? He seemed to understand my concerns. But obviously that paranoid way of viewing others is still being promoted by the GB. Maybe this suspiciousness will cause more JWs to see the light and get out. This is just another way that the GB are circling the wagons to root out any independent thinking among the R & F.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

What's the difference between "independent thinking" and "using decernment"?

Don't you have to think independently in order to use decernment?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Excellent point coded logic, nicely put!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes coded logic...but according to the GB, they will do your thinking for you (as gods chosen ones)...NOT you!

• Zoos
    Zoos

And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become two flocks...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When exposed to unscriptural teachings, regardless of the source, we must decisively reject them. - w2014 7/15, p.

This is great advice, and why I decisively reject the teachings of the WTBTS.

Like last week's article, this one is also full of mixed messages that spread suspicion and mistrust among the members of the congregation, as well as self-doubt. It also breeds a tendency to put on the appearance of "spirituality" according to the WT conception of what that means.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Unscriptural teachings?!? Ahh! It's so clear now! THAT'S why I rejected the old "domestics", FDS "class", and "belongings" dogma of the WTBTS. They had no scriptural basis!

So what about this new "idea" where only 7 men at Brooklyn are the collective FDS?? Does it have scriptural backing?? If not, it must be rejected!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit