How much meaning are the rank and file putting on October 2014?

by JimmyPage 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

They won't start rampling up until the next "public" Annual meeting. Oh, what a blessing that was last year!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OMG, it's almost October. I am certain that, in my JW days, I heard there was NO WAY THE LAST DAYS WOULD LAST 100 YEARS.

Go back now before Armageddon any minute now.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

My boyfriend thinks the 1914 thing is a bunch of smelly poo. He even made a joke about it yesterday. We saw something that mentioned 1914, and he said, "Oh, a lot of wonderful things happened that year." Then he started laughing. If only the elders knew. He's making light of Jehoho's organization! D:

• Terry
    Terry

I remember her telling me a few months ago this system wouldn't even continue on ten years. Let alone one more..

Try this:

Say: "Tell me the farthest possible date you can possible imagine until Armageddon. After you do, I want you to write it on a piece of paper

and put today's date on it. I will hold on to it. After that date comes and goes without incident, I'm going to show it to you again. You know

what you'll say to me then? You'll say, "A little while longer . . ." until the day you are old, in a hospital with a plastic tube up your nose

on Life Support. I'll come visit you if I'm still alive and kicking. I'll say to you, 'It is a pity you wasted your life waiting on this nonsese.'

So, why wait till your too old to do something productive with your life? investigate the evidence. This religion is totally a False Prophet?"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Ask them if they've cashed in their 401(k) while they can get it at only a 10% penalty.

They don't need to worry about retirement.

In fairness, older ones are wishful because the end of their life is before them. They'd prefer to think THE END is nearer than THEIR End.

Doc

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No.....I have heard nothing. The Convention was themed on the kingdom, there is a new book "Gods Kingdom Rules" but no comemerative WT or study about 100 years . The bros have said nothing ...

• BU2B
    BU2B

Great questions to ask Terry. If someone from 1970 said that this world would still be around in 2015, It would have been apostasy because it would prove that you disagreed with the generation doctrine which is central to their control.

If a witness said today that in 2070 the system would still be here, They would likely get sternly counseled by an elder or 2 and if they kept saying it.... who knows. Brazen conduct perhaps?

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

there is no chatter at our KH. People are just living there lives. I think that most jdubs think the end is close. They have always thought that though.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

If "ten" represents completeness according to the Bible, then ten times ten (one hundred) must have even more significance.

And it does!

Completeness to the full in the sense of complete and utter bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit