Hi Everyone!

by poopsiecakes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Poopsiecakes,

Many inside are quite aware of the adjustments/new light (?!), but the JW association overall works for us, for whatever reason.

Try rationalizing it the way some people are politically 'party affiliated', that no matter what the party does/changes/adjust/stands for or against, either the person themselves agrees with it or not, they ultimatelly are 'party affiliated' and their loyalty is to that no matter what.

Going down with this ship. However, JW ship not going down just yet, moving along quite well actually.

GC

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome back!

Glad things are going so well for you.

Regarding JWs not seeing all the flip-flops, the WT is very good at thought control.

It trains JWs through the use of sound bites, slogans, and carefully selected proof texts.

To me, the real surprise is that so many do see through it and break free...

Not enough of them, unfortunately, but victories are achieved one person at a time...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hi Poopsie!

I'm glad you're doing well.

Thanks for the update.

Oubliette

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

DOC.....That is why my username is GoingThruTheMotions.......I really is a sad state of affairs. My blinders are completely off and my wifes blinders are still on and I don't see her ever seeing the BORG for what it really is. But I keep going to the meetings to keep the peace and just go thru the motions.

GTTM

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GC,

Great post! It's helpful to see how blindly aligning oneself with politics or religion is equally foolish. Going along with any organization, regardless of what it does, is the ultimate in hypocrisy. This is especially true for anyone claiming to be a "true" Xian.

I appreciate your articulate comments. You make it all so clear.

DD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The best we can do is live wonderful lives. It's great that you are having a great life and enjoying awesome traveling, developing relationships, and working an enjoyable job.

I read here or somewhere someone's opinion that Watchtower should be a 10 to 20 years membership for most then OUT. In other words, they either figure it out or tire of the life.

We know that is hugely true for those of us here, but also hugely not applicable for many others. I don't know how many I met along the way who seemed like such deep literature students of Watchtower manage to go along with newer completely different doctrines as they are churned out. It took me 10 years to wake up from 1995's major change in "generation" so maybe I should see how some can take even more " constant adjustments, clarifications, new light and reversals." But I don't get it.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yeah, I think that there will always be die-hards - my mother and sister being two of them. Good thing that more and more are waking up to the bullshit lol. It just makes me sad & frustrated that so many still think that this is the #1 end all, be all of universal truth with answers to every question ever asked by mankind since the beginning of time. Sigh...takes a special kind of arrogance lol.

There's a guy at work who reported to me for a few months and I had him pegged as a JW in our first conversation. Did NOT let on that I knew anything about his religion. He takes every opportunity he can to tell people that he works part time so that he can do 'volunteer' work. When asked what volunteer work, 'I teach people about the bible'. So sad, really. He's a great guy with a pretty good sense of humor and thinks I'm hilarious even though my sense of humor is wildly inappropriate. Fully brainwashed lad. :(

And for every JW who's waking up to TTAT, there are ones who leave the religion for other reasons all together who are still brainwashed even though they're not associated whatsoever. These ones frustrate me the most! Out for decades and still thinking that God will probably kill them at Armageddon.

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LOL @ Witness My Fury, I kinda like it

Fernando, feel free to use that phrase whenever you want :)

quellycatface, I'll see about posting pictures but if you have Instagram, I'm there with the same username as here

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Ding (and all others),

Nobody breaks free. Nobody.

Take for example all these old timers here, that 'minimus', 'blondie', the 'they stole my bicycle' guy poster, etc., so many years presumably out and still harping on it and whiny about JW stuff.

Check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave; Hotel California anyone?

GC

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Hello poopsiecakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit