w14 12/15-E Study Edition

by wifibandit 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jw07
    jw07

Valgaard could be a possible swipe at the new Hercules starring Dwayne Johnson

Anti Hercules 2014 Jehovah's Witnesses Propaganda

• Mum
    Mum

In the picture of someone placing something in the contribution box, look closely at the item being put into the box. Is that a lottery ticket? It has a barcode. My mondy doesn't have bar codes. My lottery tickets do. Hmmmmm.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

@Mum: I used to work at some Bethel branches and one of the jobs at one Branch was to open all the letters that arrived (job has to be done by a brother, sisters where not allowed to do so). I had to rip open the letters, separate by topics (departments) and if something looked "confidential" or had sensitive information it had to go directly to the Service Department Secretary.

Long story short. One person regularly used to send lottery tickets. Lots of times they where a couple of weeks old and already marked with "No winnings". I laughed my ass off, thinking why someone would do something like that. Maybe they thought that holy spirit could turn them miracously into winners. Or the person was totally nuts. Probably the last.

You would get lots of funny mail. Sometimes even letters addressed to Charles Taze Russell or Judge Rutherford!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have posted things like this in the past. I didn't really understand the copyright laws. I still don't, so I err on the side of caution. What I gather from this magazine is this:

1) The Org desperately needs to retain the young, because the END is not near.

2) The Org desperately needs your money, because the END in not near. Notice they printed the loving reminders on contributing, lest you forget they need $$$. JEEHOBO is broke again and the Conti verdict will soon be reached.

3) The Org desperately needs to force the R&F to associate together in order to minimize outside influence and thinking. The Org will use fear mongering and propaganda to do this. The most popular method is fear of the END!

Since the ORG is traditionally reactionary, which made its re-branding necessary, the above gives us a good indication of the problems within the ORG.

1) A shortage of young ones who are indoctrinated to the point of being useful to the Corporation.

2) The potential lack of money in the future because of losing future members with discretionary income.

3) The lack of true love and unity among Jehovah's Witnesses. ( Will allowing a talent show at the RC be enough to convince internet savvy young ones that the ORG is cool??)

The GB have a real mess on their hands. How do you present the picture of religious harmony, unity and love while simultaneously tightening the screws??

DD

• sir82
    sir82

I could never do the math on how Guy Pierce got married in 1977 and has great grandchildren

Could it be that he was married earlier, and his 1977 marriage was his 2nd?

It would be quite typical of the WT to omit certain "inconvenient" facts.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

These articles are so infantile. Should or is it alright to change one's mind? Do you think they could get more controlling. Next issue:"Which Direction Should A True Christian Wipe His/Her Ass? Front To Back Or Back To Front?"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I could never do the math on how Guy Pierce got married in 1977 and has great grandchildren

Could it be that he was married earlier, and his 1977 marriage was his 2nd?

"Guy married a woman who had two children, whom he adopted, and together they had two more children. They were divorced after some of the older children left home. In 1977 he married Penny, who was a single mother with two children of her own. ln his years of raising a family Guy experienced a divorce, raised his adopted children, his own children, and his stepchildren." - from Cedars's comment at jwsurvey.org - supposedly from Pierce's obit.

See also http://theworldnewsmedia.org/Guy+H.+Pierce

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The 'Stick Together' article is the key one in the magazine, I think. It well demonstrates the E in the BITE Model - Emotional Control:

5. Instill fear, such as fear of:
    a. Thinking independently
    b. The outside world
    c. Enemies
    d. Losing one’s salvation
    e. Leaving or being shunned by the group
    f. Other’s disapproval
    [...]
    8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
    a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
    b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
    c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
    d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
    e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

E.g. p. 24:

"One of the darkest periods in human history nears. ..."

" ... That will not be the time to let anything divide us. We will certainly not want to turn to the world for assistance. Rather, we will want to stick close to our brothers. Of course, we will not survive just because we are part of a group. Jehovah and his Son will bring those who call on Jehovah’s name safely through that calamitous time. (Joel 2:32; Matt. 28:20) Nevertheless, is it reasonable to think that those who have not maintained unity as part of God’s flock—those who have strayed off on their own—will be saved? —Mic. 2:12."

• sir82
    sir82

They seem to be targeting the kids with the last 2 articles.

Of course, all of their rhetoric depends on kids believing that "this old world" won't be around for long.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, virtually no one under the age of 40 thinks Armageddon is "soon".

The GB apparently don't know any new or novel approaches so they just keep repeating the only thing they know.....over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...........

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

But youths can be more malleable, and because they haven't been around long, this 'sky is falling any minute now' propaganda will be fresh to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit