The insensitivity and opportunistic nature of witness at the 9/11 site !

by stuckinarut2 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Let's see: considering that their target audience here are very vulnerable emotionally...

200 people

65 carts

Only 15 studies??? (These can't really be counted as studies until the THIRD study, so I'm thinking they got 15 people to give them their contact info to be called on at a later time. I doubt these are ACTUALLY studies.)

Essentially, only one in 13 of those 200 JWs got someone to give their contact info.

And only 4(ish) visits per cart. (EDIT: probably a lot more visits than this, but only 4 per cart who gave contact info)

While higher than normal results, keep in mind the emotionalism of the event.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

I just saw the tape depicting the horrors of that day with collegues and friends. Got choked up looking at what those innocents went through. Now I'm choked up with anger at these SOB's trying to capitalize on the grief of the stricken ones. I'm not a violent person but... just at this moment I feel ...somebody should take a baseball bat to these bastards!!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Reminds me of the thread a while back about JWs approaching ones standing at gravesites in cemeteries. Thank goodness many cemeteries have the sense to ban such solicitations. With all the security that no doubt was in place at the 911 site, it is a wonder they were allowed. Who knows what they could have been concealing in those carts, if they were not "real" JWs. They couldnt have been too close?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

New 911 JW poster to hang on Carts:

"Anthony Morris Knows Jehovah More Than Anyone Else And He Says Jehovah Is Going To Ressurect All Those That Died To Give Them Another Chance To Listen Obey And Be Blessed, Find Out More At JW.ORG.!"

Wouldn't you love to walk up to one of those carts and ask them if they think God will remember all those Men Women and Childern who died when the Trade Centers came crashing down.

Then after they explain the hope of the resurrection, ask them if they think God will kill those people for the second time if they somehow sin or if they don't want to be Jehovah's Witnesses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The insensitivity and opportunistic nature of witness at the 9/11 site !

...Join the WBT$ JW Cult Or....................................................................................Jehovah Will Do It!..

........I`ll 9/11 Your Ass!!...............................At Armageddon!!........................He`s A Mean Drunk!..LOL!!..

............................................................................................................. Image...OUTLAW

• losingit
    losingit

It is shameful. When is it that they introduce this teaching (resurrection then destruction when Satan is released ) anyway? When you're in or when you're studying? Such dumb doctrine- - a veryvindictive god if there ever was one. I'd rather worship the Sun.

• prologos
    prologos

Even during the original event, wt boasted that they were granted access to preach to the still dust-covered fleeing victims.

I thought to myself: what could I have possibly said within WT doctrine that would be truly relevant? felt appropriate?

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

They remind me of ambulance chasers.

• blondie
    blondie

Right out there with "witnessing" at cemeteries, handing out tracts to the grieving. This started with the inauguration of Memorial Day after WW1.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I am proud to say I was never religiously opportunistic under tragic circumstances. I NEVER did cemetary witnessing even if I was the lone dissident and needed to get 90 hours in the last week of August. I suppose having the carts is better than having 1000 witnesses swarming the crowds of mourners. At least there is the choice to approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit