I get so tired of people always bringing up "Black on Black" crime.

by booker-t 23 Replies latest jw friends

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"The real divide isn't race, it's wealth and yes, "white collar crime" (as in 'not blue collar', not ... oh, you know) is never punished as it should be.

The privilige is all about wealth, not color." - I agree, that is why so many banks and wall street have been guilty of CRIMINAL acts, that cost people billions of dollars, and they just get a slap on the wrist fine and no jail time for those responsible. I also loved the part about how billions of dollars given to Iraq on pallets had dissappeared and was accounted for and the government had no idea where it could be, yet if you forget to report a $100.00 check as income the IRS is breaking down your door to seize your home.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

There is no one "divide". Its just not that simple. Of course, white collar crimes vs blue collar crimes wave biased decisions. However you will see people of diff. races committing the same crimes and someone gets a slap on the wrist or let go when often times someone else gets a much harder sentence.

To debate this is the case in the United States would be a joke. Maybe abroad but not in the United States. This is part of the reason the Fair Sentencing act came into play in the United States. America has many many divides they always have and probably always will.

• finally awake
    finally awake

wealthy black people don't get the same free pass that wealthy white people get. super wealthy black celebrities and sports stars don't usually get off nearly as easily as white celebrities and sports stars. The real privilege is reserved for "titans of industry", old money, and the political insiders.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Black on Black crime happens as does White on White crime. Black kids tend to beat up other black kids white kids tend to beat up other white kids. I think it would be a fun piece of satire for a Black guy to do various exposés about the White community, such as a white kids parents moving out of a beach community because the school was teaching the kids Valley/Surfer talk and not English, and then go to a Trailer park for an exposé on the epidemic of White on White crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit