I get so tired of people always bringing up "Black on Black" crime.

by booker-t 23 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I am responding to a post by someone the other day about a black girl beaten by a mob of other black teens for "acting too white." The poster was trying to drive home the idea black people commit more crimes against themselves then white people do to them. While it is true some black people do insult other black people who they believe are trying to fit in with Caucasian people, white people, Hispanics, Asians, and other races do the same exact thing to people in their ethnic group as well. Some white people have told me they were ridiculed by other white people if they listened to "rap" music or hip hop. What is wrong with a person enjoying music by an artist of another race? People need to stop always bringing up race that include all races. Some Asians co-workers have told me other Asians ridiculed them if they dyed their hair blond telling them "stop trying to be a white girl." Can people just let people be who they want to be and mind their own business? And as one poster pointed out 80% of crimes done to white people are by other white people. It is not like the media tries to implant in our minds that black by are viciously attacking white people around the world. Most victims of crime are by people of the same race. The poster brought up "Ebonics" in his post and black people using slang. I do not know if people really believe in the myth that white people do not talk in slang just listen to the millions of white high school student today. I use to work at USC with teenagers and trust me their talk is just like any other teenager whether black, Asian, or Hispanic they talk in slang.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Me too. I also tire easily of hearing about white on black crime.

• prologos
    prologos

that is nothing, google

BLUE on BLUE fire. Nuclear bombs (duds) dropped on the us of A.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I'm tired of hearing about racial crime period. Seriously. I'm tired of the professional race baiters like Al Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson. We are all human beings and Americans.

Shana

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yeah, I dont get the whole point of that thread. I imagine most crime of that sort is between persons of the same race, because people tend to be around people of the same race more often, on average. So yes, there is black on black crime, just like there is white on white crime. It's not in the news because it's not particularly newsworthy. It seems the poster was suggesting that cops shooting unarmed black men is somehow not an issue because of black on black violence, which is ridiculous, it's comparing apples and oranges.

What happened in Ferguson is newsworthy because it involves the death of a black man at the hands of a white cop. Whether this cop was justified in shooting this young man I don't know, I will wait until the investigation is complete, but I understand the frustration of black people who feel that cops are more likely to use deadly force when a black man is involved. It doesn't excuse the violence, but I understand the feelings that led to the violence.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

What I get tired of is JW against JW crime: JW parents beating their kids for squirming in a meeting; forcing a JW child to follow his parents' religion including field service at a young age; shunning children and relatives who do not believe in the JW religion; denying children with life threatening medical issues a needed blood transfusion; denying their children the opportunity to be friends with non-JW kids; insisting on JW teens only dating and marrying other JWs; brainwashing young children before they are old enough to resist. These are just some of the 'crimes' perpetrated by JWs of whatever race.

• sir82
    sir82

I get tired of white folks lecturing black folks on how "race is not an issue".

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

chris rock already covered this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

What is amazing is that certain people post long articles and a myriad of transcripts about things black people are doing to black people and what black people are doing to white people. Some white folks see this and assume that this must be how most black people are. These black people must have a huge problem deeply ingrained in their society. This is what they believe based upon what is presented to them by the media. They believe it to be true.

However if we look at the actions of white americans and europeans and the crimes they committed against African Americans / Asians / Latinos is it air for these races to suppose that most white people are vicious homicidal and genocidal maniacs and that the problem is deeply ingrained in them since they have done so far hundreds years in Europe and America? Of course not. That would be foolish to even consider that most white people posses those qualities eventhough there are tons of pictures and videos etc... right

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Black on black crime is true. It could also be low class on low class white. When I became upper middle class, I could clearly see how law enforcement mattered. The police gave me an exact cobtribution to the Mayor's Office for my neighborhood to have prostitution removed. Statistics prove it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit