I HAD MY BICYCLE STOLEN!

by Terry 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

That sucks Terry

In June my sister bought new bikes. One for herself, one for me. I would be so bummed if somebody took off with it.

I despise thieves. And I hope you get your bike back.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry to hear that -- it sucks to lose something so important, and worse when you can't afford to replace it. I hope you get it back soon.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You did nothing wrong. The perp committed the crime. I would be upset--and furious. NY started this plan where with a credit card payment you can borrow a citi bike. You have to check in at the next stop within so many minutes. Funny, I haven't seen them lately.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Did you buzz a number somewhere on the frame? Costs nothing but might help if it's recovered.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The thread title syntax would imply that you arranged this for ...?...insurance?

• Mikado
    Mikado

do you know lots of people in your area in Facebook? if so, post it on there and you'll be surrpised at how much sharing it will get...good luck...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How awful, Terry. I was without a car, most of it during the worst winter Michigan has seen in years. I went close to seven months on foot, begging for rides to work and catching the bus.

Some churches have bike ministries to give bikes to people who need them. Wal-mart has some pretty inexpensive bikes. You could get a much less expensive bike to ride while you save for a nicer bike.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Hi Everyone - If you didn't see the new thread - http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/284389/1/How-do-we-set-up-a-Used-New-Bike-Fund-for-Terry bucketshopbill had the great idea to Help Terry get a new Bike.. Please join the Thread or PM if youd like to Donate $1.00 or more.

Please spread the word also.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Sorry about your loss. In addition to pawn shops, check scrap yards. Someone may have scrapped it for the $2.00 worth of metal, not knowing the real value. Happened to us.

• yadda yadda 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit