A must to be MS?

by crazyhorse 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Splash, isn't it "DESIROUS" of fine work? Used to be anyway... The ddesire has to be there. If it's not it's not. Say that you're praying for the desire to be increased and you're leaving it with jehovah..

Also, there's the scripture where it says that he gave SOME as evangelisers, SOME as teachers, SOME as etcetera etcetera etcetera... Not everyone NATURALLY progresses to be an elder or a CO or a member of the gb. The illustration is given of a body, each part playing a different role. Tell them "I'm perfectly happy in the role I play currently in the congregation, and if that changes in the future i'd be only too happy to let you know, but thanks for considering me anyway"

It's tough I know, when family pressures and expectations are heaped upon you, but i can tell you, the guilt goes away very quickly, and they'll soon get used to you not being the person they thought you were.

Just say no. It's not mandatory.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Being female I never had to worry about declining an honor. What would happen if a man asked what the qualifications for certain officers were? Also, what if the qualifications were fulfilled, can you raise your name as a candidate?

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Disposable, it could be anything to be honest. I'm in bed surfing and posting from memory.

Band, the Bible is no longer used as the definitive list of qualifications anymore. Now it's all about how the brother is perceived. Hours, full and varied ministry, answers up, fulfills items, handles assignments well, family are exemplary, and I've also heard "the congregation wouldn't be surprised if he was appointed".

Oh, and he mustn't have a beard.

Love? What's that?

Splash

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed: It's a cult!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is not a must technically.....

BUT if you turn it down, then you look like you are being "disrespectful or self willed" and "lack appreciation for Jehovahs service etc"

THEN you will be questioned as to WHY you dont want such a privelege, THEN you will be looked at suspiciously!

Its a no win....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

If you refuse you are considered deficient, spiritually weak, and definitely not following theocratic arrangement.

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

Stuckinarut2, yes you got it right.

Pete, wow I know what that looks like. I've seen bros go through the same. Nothing is good enough in the org.

Why is it so hard to be yourself and to voice out your opinions in the org?

Ugh its a mental prison.

@wannaexit exactly so. Everything is used to measure spirituality, as if its something to be measured. They forget only God read hearts.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In no way is it a must. It just means that you will not be thought of as a strong JW, and some sisters won't think you are marriage material. Avoiding the title now will make your life a lot easier in the future.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes it is a no-win situation for the bro's.

If you appear to be "reaching out" too obviously then you are viewed as ambitious,

and if you are the quiet achiever who doesn't want any recognition you are not being a "spiritual man".

There is no pleasing these people.

• jam
    jam

Have you known men that were appointed by Jehovah's

Holy Spirit but today they are no longer a JW. Tell them,

you know Jehovah or you guys have made mistakes before in appointing

these men...If his Holy Spirit contact me one night, you will be the first

to know....He (Jehovah) have no problem in contacting those new

members of the 144000. I just want to make sure..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit