X-JWs Who are now bible Christians

by clash_city_rockers 169 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Clash:
    You tempted your bretheren into making a profession of faith, by means of the title of this thread.
    You then set about berating every last one.

YOU DO NEITHER THE GOSPEL, NOR YOUR BRETHREN, NOR YOURSELF ANY CREDIT!!!

2 Cor.12:11
    Luke 17:2

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I see that you have continued to avoid my questions and scriptual quotes.
    For this cause I will answer but one question:
    "Bona Dea and Plum are not your sisters in Christ if you truly hold on to the biblical doctrine of salvation as layed out by the Westminster Confession of Faith. How can you say these that they are your sisters and at the same time 100% hold to this doctrine"
    I could re-quote any one of a number of points in your cut'n'paste of the confession, but instead I shall quote Acts 16:31:
    "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Have you so quenched the Holy Spirit that you can no longer tell whom are your brothers and sisters in Christ?

Have you become so entrenched in the words of men that you ignore the simple professions of faith from the little ones?

Have you become so engourged on books and learning that you have lost the simple message of the gospel in the process?
    1 Cor.8:1-3

Have you become so involved in higher learning that you have forgotten the simple things?

I can be as legalistic a wordsmith as the JW's who trained me.
    I could attack with the best of the "fire and brimstone" ministers of Scotland (btw, the Tron is CofS, not FC, notwithstanding which they have an excellent minister).
    I could give you a list of my credentials, as did the Apostle Paul to the superfine apostles.

I will do none of that.
    1 Cor.13:7
    Jude 1:9

• mouthy
    mouthy

Little Toe- Pa convention "Witness Now For Jesus" is the third weekend in Oct ( Friday,Sat,Sunday, ) You will love it. We had quite a few from England there.
    When is your convention I would love to come.Is it put on by Pete S?
    Ray D? Let me know -Mark said he would fill me in also about the time & date for a Apostafest in England- I am anxouis to hear from you guys
    [email protected]

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Clash:
    BTW, I never accused you of anything, although I did ask some probing questions.

I expressed opinion, charged you not to hurt the little ones, and stated my belief that you discredit the gospel (which is more to do with your unfortunate manner than your doctrinal stance).

Mouthy:
    Pete is organizing it, yes.
    I believe it is to be held on the 13-15th September.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Little Toe,

I expressed opinion, charged you not to hurt the little ones, and stated my belief that you discredit the gospel (which is more to do with your unfortunate manner than your doctrinal stance).

I would suggest that Clash's 'unfortunate manner' is due in large measure to his 'doctrinal stance'.

At this stage in the proceedings his usual behavior is to call all who have disagreed with him or his views, 'liars' and Gehenna Fodder, and then suggest to those who seem have something in common with him that they need to grow up mightily in order to reach his astonishing spiritual stature.

He then trundles off with his glue bag and guitar for a few weeks until the Spirit renews his vigor, returning to heroically save the world with the flaming fire of his ire on his days off.

All this just seems to underline a growing feeling that the worst Christians are always Christians.

Best regards - HS

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Let me ask you. Do Bona Dea and Plum truly as Acts beuitifully puts it: " b]"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." as the bible perscribes? And are thier postings in regards to the Glory of Christ reflect one who really "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Audit thier posts and find out.

What does it mean as Paul puts it "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."?

Look I am not trying to be a mean guy I'm just trying to be decerning and I have the scriptures to use as my guide in decerning what is the nature of true conversion. How can you decern if someone made an empty profession. If you truly love Bona and Plum wouldn't you be consern about thier growth and about some of the vile things they say. Would'nt you be consern that they might be in danger of Matthew 7:21-23?

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

BYW doing the will of the Father is primaraly to trust Jesus and obay Him.

2 Peter 3:9

9The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[2] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Have Bona and Plum proclaimed on this board biblical faith and repentance? Have they publicly forsake thier sin and publically hate sin and law breaking? Do they sing constantly the praises of Christ.

I know that people like Angie do and praise God for her witness but I just don't see the same or any small growth of the same in Plum and Bona. I must say I may have been to hard in regards to Andi her confusion may stem from another factors. She is honest about her struggles. And I am sorry for going at you too hard Andi. But she does rely a bit much on her activities when she describes her walk. I do hope you find time in the word so that you will grow. If you claim to be a christian then you must feed apon the Word of God.

Andi, you claimed that God does not demand perfection. As you said:

Never ANYWHERE in the Bible does it say that God or Christ, expects us to do those two commandments perfectly
    If that is so How do you give an account of these passages?

Gen 17:1,2

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty [1] ; walk before me and be blameless. 2 I will confirm my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers."
    Matt 5:48
    Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

We are no where near perfect ourselves. But Jesus is and he demonstrated HIS perfection by perfect obedience to God's Law. The good news is that His obedience and perfection is Reconded or freely given to our account for those who believe.

Romans 4:1-5

1What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather, discovered in this matter? 2If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about--but not before God. 3What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."[1]
    4Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. 5However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.[/b]
    Bona and Plum do you rejoice in this? Andi, I do pray that this is your trust.

Remeber only those who are in Jesus are seen as perfect by the Father thus satisfy God's holy standard in Christ. Jesus is our perfection, He lived a perfect life and gave the benifits to us so that we may offer our gratitude and obedience and works to Him even though they are still stained in sin God still accepts them because they are done in Christ by faith alone.

Col 1:27-29

27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.[/b] 29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
    I know I can get a hearty joy felt AMEN from Angie and Penn Lord willing But how about the rest of you that is what this thread is all about.

IN CHRIST all Joy and Hope,
    jr

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Clash:
    And still you avoid my questions.
    No matter how you twist and turn, you'll find difficulty garnering favour now.

How dare you judge little ones?
    Are you setting yourself up as a one man kirk session?

In view of Eph.4:11-16 would you say you are building up the body and assisting those who have been "carried about with every wind of doctrine"?
    Alternatively, would you say that you are having a little difficulty discerning those who are new to the faith, and are running the risk of beating your fellow slaves?

The real question is, can you learn from this experience?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hillary:
    "All this just seems to underline a growing feeling that the worst Christians are always Christians."
    ~sigh~
    Just the kind of impression that this kind of thread generates.
    Another nail in the coffin of the online pulpit.

Hmmmm - pessimist / optimist?
    Surely, by the same token, the best Christians are always Christians, too?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol....Little Toe,

Touche...thank you.

HS

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Eph 4:11-16 is about the work that goes in the church. Young ones in Christ get ministered to so they wont be tossed by every wind of doctrine.

Look at verse 13

13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

The purpose of the church is to equip young once to give a hearty Amen to the doctrines and biblical passages to so they can stand side by side with those who are mor mature in christ in unity in the same biblical doctrine and in the growth in christian maturity. Basically to train up believers young and old to service and ministry to one another. As far as difficulty decerning no. The scriptures do shed light on what is true conversion. I'm not saying I can read the heart. But we can judge actions and weigh them against the word of God. Those who are new to faith do have a love for the Biblical God and have forsaken thier sin for new born babes in Christ may not have all the doctrine but they are hungry for the word and are charactered by thier enthuseasm. And new Christians know why thier christians.

finally my exhortation goes out to You, Little, as well as Andi, Bona, Plum as well as myself too I am not exempt either.

2 Cor 13:5

5Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?
    Do you trust Christ? Is that trust manifested by growth in HIM remember John 15 1-7
    1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[1] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
    5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

I am not saying we should be constent fruit inspectors for who can expect a harvist in winter. But there is growth and it is steady growth because we are his. Christians will never reject Christ they will perserver by HIS grace. We will not live in a life of constant sin. We do sin at times. Though we may strugel and fight with sin. Yet that is the character of a christian: Hating and fighting his sin.

peace,
    jr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit