Formal Introduction - Hi!!!

by Gustv Cintrn 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Hi!!!

Been lurking here for yyyyyeeeeears, but was too busy with school, jw life and other interests. Now that I'm done with education for the time being anyway, plus the jw life is under pretty good control, I can spend some time and throw my views here and there in some attractive topics.

Born-in, and deeply indoctrinated, but with life experience came better comprehension of my lot in life and have come to accept that, just like the family one is born into, JWs are my family, friends, my ultimate and overall identity. A JW is what I am; like the song 'Hotel California', and like so many on this board, check out anytime you'd like but one could never leave.

Remember like it was yesterday the failed 'the wolf is coming' calls of 1975, mid-80s, late 90's, Y2K, 2004 or so, and same will be with the latest effort to get people overly excited about 'The End'. History served me right in the way that I started and finished my college education in spite of silly comments, etc., by other JW peers; hung in there with my eyes on the prize 'til I achieved the goal. Now I have a pretty good gig and the younger generation and their parents ask every now and then how can they get to where I am and, of course, I happily fill them in.

During my college bit I saw the need to skip some Spanish meetings and catch them in the English side and, oh brother, JWs Spanish as opposed to English ones are like day and night! The Spanish JWs are so much more happier, friendlier, gregarious, loving, closer, a party or gathering going on all the time type of people; it's like a completely different faith! You wouldn't catch me in an English congregation unless I really/absolutely needed to be there. Lord! The English congregation is soooooooo cold, distant, aloof, robotic, uninterested, weddings in the morning so there's no dancing type of folks. No wonder so many on this board can't stand it!

I've pretty good bearings within the Org now, and have found a nice click within of like-minded JWs; life is alright. However, just like the Org itself, subject to evolve at any given time.

Live long in happiness and prosperity.

GC

• millie210
    millie210

Hi and nice to meet you!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hi mate welcome from the Aussie side...everyone is welcome here...you might learn some new stuff!!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm glad you're well rounded as it would seem. You can have the relationships and the fun but don't have to get all bent out of shape over their BS doctrines...If I didn't have kids and my ears didnt bleed everytime I went to a KH, I would maybe keep going for the social aspects too.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Gustv Cintrn, I'm glad that you have found happiness as a JW, even with the WTBTS limitations.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• zeb
    zeb

Happy meetings.. whats this? Hey Viva la Spania!

and; I read on a post (forget where) that the wts is ok with latino girls celebrating big party their 15th Birthdays. would someone from the latino side of life please fill us all in on this please and also whats the significance of the 15th birthday? coming of womanhood perhaps?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Nice to have you here.

• Perry
    Perry

Nice to meet you. My brother is an elder in a Spanish speaking congregation.

Welcome aboard.

• naazira
    naazira

Congratulations on finishing college, and welcome to j-w.net

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Gustv Cintrn.

What Good News that the (materialistic and legalistic) Watchtower virus is not (always) able to (totally) stamp out authentic community, culture and humanity.

I was blown away recently to discover that there are more native Spanish speakers than native English speakers (worldwide)!

We're delighted you are here - please stay and share.

Greetings

Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit