strange experience at the RC- was it segregation?

by tornapart 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Island Man
    Island Man

Wow! What would James say? I know:

" My brothers, you are not holding to the faith of our glorious Lord Jesus Christ while showing favoritism, are you? For if a gujurati brother comes into your eating area, but a non-gujurati brother also enters, do you look with favor on the gujurati brother and say, “You take this seat here in a fine place, at the table near the window” and do you say to the non-gujurati brother, “You go over there in the middle” or, “This fine seat if reserved for gujurati brother only”? If so, do you not have ethnic segregation among yourselves, and have you not become judges rendering wicked decisions?"

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

coming back after lunch, the area was still empty. Not a single gujurati was sat in there. Room for about 100 people... empty.... because they didn't want white brothers mixing with asian brothers? Hubby told me not to get upset about it, but it just seemed so ridiculous to me!

It doesn't matter if it seems ridiculous.....just listen, obey and be blessed. During the Trubulation apparently you'll be told to do all sorts of things that don't make sense, so this experience was good practice.

I wonder what those brothers would have done if you'd have pretended to be deaf or that you only spoke a foriegn language. I suppose they'd have acted as if the whole assembly would come to a screeching halt if they let you continue to sit there. It's strange how some people take such a small amount of authority and let it go to their heads.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

My wife is asian... what do they want? Me at one table, her at another...what about our son?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

HTBWC: I prefer live people to electronic means

Oublitte: That's a pretty ironic statement considering you posted it on an electronic internet forum.

Oubliette... Although HTBWC is participating in an "electronic" conversation so to speak, the conversation is none the less with real people. Perhaps he or she preferred to pose the question to us personally to see what we might have to say, rather than simply entering the question "electronically" into an "electronic" search engine...anyone can do that. Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing for HTBWC to do...not ironic at all. No harm done...no crime committed. I'm glad he/she thought to ask....now we all know.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Aren't the jokehovians so proud of racial integration? And what is so bad about two different races that legitimately wish to share values? Even the Nazis allowed for different races to share values, even if they believed in racial purity.

As for the jokehovians, they so proudly bash the Nazis for striving for racial purity among the three major Gentile races. Yet, as they so commonly do, they go against their own rules and do exactly what they bash the Nazis for, the deluxe version to boot. Notably, this hypocrisy also goes into everything they openly bash. They strive to be even worse than what they bash--and that includes the cat lick church. This is what I so strongly object to--their dishonesty and hypocrisy. If they wish to be Jewish, so be it--but don't bill themselves as the only true xians while practicing Judaism.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

You have to remember that the JW.Org religion is all about segregation. They segregate themselves from society, their families...THE WORLD. They are they master religion.

• tornapart
    tornapart

@HBWC-My wife is asian... what do they want? Me at one table, her at another...what about our son?

Exactly!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This is nothing more than the typical nonsensical tactics of WT. It becomes more absurd at conventions for some reason.

At the last two conventions I attended (at a WT Assembly Hall) there were huge sections of seats cordoned off with yellow tape. Roughly 25% of the available seats in the auditorium. I asked the attendant why they were roped off (because it's an area I normally sit in)? His answer: "I don't know, they just told me to guard the area and make sure no one sits here". An inquiry to the Convention Overseer got the same answer: even he didn't know why the seats were blocked off.

So, the seats remained blocked off and unused for the entire convention and we sat crammed like sardines into whatever seats were left over.

I think it has to do more with WT control than anything else. They do something that makes no sense, create an air of a big mystery as to why this or that is being done, and make it look official by placing guards to enforce the situation. It creates the mindset that WT/ the GB/ whoever must know something the rest of us don't, and who are we to question their 'wisdom'? There must be a good reason-after all, god told them to do it, right?

I suspect it often is nothing more than an experiment: how absurd can we (WT) be and the rank-and-file will still go along with it unquestioningly? Just how much can we get away with?

"Listen, obey, and be blessed"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is crazy. I do not doubt the story for one minute but there must have some half-baked, controlling reason why they arranged that.

In the U K we have become used to different language sections of the stadium, where it is translated - but the eating area?? It beggars belief.

Were they providing some special food for them? - that would be surprising...so why would they want them all to eat together?

Given the bad impression that this gives , some plonker in the admin must have thought it was a good idea .

I would not have let this pass without finding out why. Certainly they still pride themselves on the equality and intermingling of races

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

they roped off areas because if you were all crammed together in the stadium, they wanted to get THOSE shots for their photos, videos, etc. It looks more impressive to others if its crowded. You know we see pics of sparsely populated venues and it just looks kind of sad-even pathetic.

they were just ensuring some good pics. It would be nice if they would just ensure that everyone got a seat with a good view and easy access to restrooms that didn't threaten you if you use more than one towel, but. . .

As to the Indians, I still wonder what the heck the org was thinking! Idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit