strange experience at the RC- was it segregation?

by tornapart 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wonder why they don't think that the Gujarati bros and sisters would like to visit with everyone else? Did they have a different language session or something? That is the only reason I could think they would try to segregate and even that is pretty lame as most people like meeting people from other places. I bet they took one look at the segregation and all went home. OTOH, ifthey are Indian natives, they proably went to the car park and ate their own lunches and made tea the way they like it on a burner.

Recent immigrant Indians are not likely to eat out unless required to and are likely to make tea the way they like it. I'm related to many- I know of what I speak.

I imagine you are in UK (tea reference) . If you get a chance, try Kashmiri tea at an Indian or Paki tea place. It's awesome!! Or Karak, which is an Arabic version of Indian style tea (usually with cardamom. OMG)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I would have refused to move: " If all the other seats are taken and gujijiga wants to sit on MY seat, then I will move. Now be a big grown up boy and eff off "

• tornapart
    tornapart

AnnOMaly- I like your thinking, wish I could have thought of it at the time!

OUB- Spot on!!

JWdaughter- yes, you're right, it is Birmingham UK. The Gujuratis were eating their lunch outside in the sunshine mixing happily with everyone else, as we ended up doing ourselves. Such a shame the powers that be didn't get their own way segregating everyone!

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

What is a Gujarati?

• tornapart
    tornapart

A Gujurati is a native from the Gujurat region of India. Many have settled and live in the UK. (Mahatma Ghandi was a Gujurati)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

HTBWC: What is a Gujarati?

Seriously?!?

Have you heard of the internet? You know, it's that electronic thingy that allows you via your computer to ask questions on this forum.

Try doing an internet search with a search engine such as google or similar.

Then just say, "No!" to being lazy.

lazy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

amazing!

but not unbeleivable sadly....

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I see... If I saw smething like that here I wuld sit their anyway and tell them to FORCE me out.

Oubliette. I prefer live people to electronic means. While I do much reasearch on the internet here is a chance to ask a question of people. It's called being human... not lazy.... And if you wondering no I don't put up with automated messages on the phone either. lol

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW. You could have reminded him about Peter refusing to eat with his gentile brothers and sisters.

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

HTBWC: I prefer live people to electronic means

That's a pretty ironic statement considering you posted it on an electronic internet forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit