Ripple Effect

by Yondaime 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

On Tuesday I was dragged out on service with my mom since shes a permanent pioneer, and once we arrived at the hall I realized there were no brothers, but an abundance of sisters. I conducted the service meeting with ease, since my dad gave me a formation on how to do it.

Then on thursday at my meeting nearly half of the congregation surrounded me and gave me hugs and kisses. I know about love bombing, its happened to me before, but this was the most insane amount of it ever since I had a demonstration at the district convention. People who weren't even at the service group knew about it.

Now... this makes me think.

When I make my decision to defect once I finish college, how fast will the word spread, what will be said about me? How will I be treated by those under control of the GB.

I have an okay idea. I've seen it happen to people who were DF'ed D'Ad. But I don't know what its like to be in their shoes. But I know some of you guys do. I want to know what to expect when I make my decision and how to play my cards.

Your experiences would be greatly aprreciated.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

The.Change is immediate. When we fade within a month all yr normal friends will steer clear of you as you not regular thereby not good associate. Once we DA. Strictly all drop us as friends on Facebook n nil SMS, talk n phone call. Jw Friendship is conditional built On WT membership. First Mth is lonely. You are left with yr family relatives God and Christ. We made many new frriends since n we know some of these will be friends for life w unconditional love. Life has been awesome since we left. We grew to accept people for what they are and less judgemental. This is a beautiful world with many many lovely people.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

When I make my decision to defect once I finish college, how fast will the word spread, what will be said about me?

Prepare to have people start talking about you. You'll be gay, you'll have a secret girlfriend, you'll be a Devil worshipper, you'll be on drugs etc. You have to be prepared at that time to stand proudly for, well, whatever it is that you stand for, and don't let gossip among the ignorant get to you.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

they will drop you like a hot potato. be prepared, as others stated, that rumours will fly. you have to have the mind prepared ahead that this will happen. reach out to xdubs online. they will be unconditional friends. hope it goes well.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Half of them will claim they saw it coming all along. They have to believe you're a bad person so that they can justify shunning you. We learned about that in psychology. People can rationalize inhumane treatment of other people by believing the other person deserves it.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

kneehighmiah, youre absolutely correct. i was told "oh we shouldve seen it coming, because you used to make strange comments about things, but we just ignored it. really it was a cry for help"

ya, they actually said that haha

then they plunged the knife into my back and into my heart....oh well theyre knockin on doors and im sleeping in :)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I left when I was almost 16. Immediately I was persona non grata. I did not exist. Fortunately, I had made other friends and my dad was never a JW. I later went to college,Ihave taught, I have traveled the world and seen amazing things. To think I missed out on a magazine route!!!

Of course, as a female I would never of the glory of conducting a meeting, much less rising to the glorified position of ministerial servant or (gasp) elder. Those FT pioneer ladies get pretty much nothing out of it but a stinky small four door car and a coffee with the girls on a regular basis.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Not too sure how old you are,maybe 17 or 18.

Get as much college while your at home.

Now,that is a very long time.

No reason to hurry to get out if the house because your dad is for you!

Your doing a fantastic job!

Also, get to the point where you do not care about JWs will think about you ok n the future: gossiping or what ever. The future will be your college.

About getting loved bomb, take advantage of everyone patting you on the back! And saying great job!

From now on when they love bomb you, pretend it is about your education! LOL. Bleed it for what it is worth! LOL.

Your brain will not know! Good for your ego.

Just be aware HE who come up to hug you probably wants to introduce you to a girl. You know they probably have you married off to some desperate JW girl. Ignore that route.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Just curious - what happened to the original brother who was actually supposed to conduct the meeting for FS in the first place???

• Honesty
    Honesty

All of the above and then some.

You will feel liike crap unless you find some new friends who aren't of the conditional type.

Get out and make new friends BEFORE you make your exit and things will go a lot smoother.

Within a year of making new friendships with 'worldy people' you will wonder why Jehovah's Witnesses say, "The friends" when they actually have none.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit