Rules for congregation changes

by UFCFan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

I do watch MMA. I started by watching Jones vs Teixera and got hooked since then. I'll pm you later when I get on my computer.

• Divergent
    Divergent

There is no rule that says u can't change congregations

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is some advice:

STOP BEING A UFC FAN. It's a dirty sport full of no talent hacks. Watching it will rot your brain. Read The Art of War. Read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do ( MMA before it was (invented). Be your own man. Don't idolize any of those "professional" fighters. Buy The United States Navy Seal Workout and train for a year. Then train privately. Learn what you can from every discipline.

If you train hard and smart, and have "it", you can handle anything. That goes for the ring and life. Emulate, imitate, but never idolize another human.

"I have the absolute confidence not to be number two, but then I have enough sense, also to realize that there can be no number one." Bruce Lee

You don't want to be a cocky A-hole.

DD

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

DATA-DOG with all respect. do you know first hand if it's a dirty sport? and they don't have talent?

i know many pro fighters in and out of the ufc and other fighting associations. All are very clean people and very respectful.....and much to say.....they all have talent in this sport and out of the sport.

and when i say respectful.....these people i know that i train with on a daily bases have more morals, more respect and are better friends than any person actively associated with the BORG.

GTTM

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes. Like boxing, where money flows corruption follows. I know many nice people who enjoy contact sports. The industry is rotten. It's a numbers game, rigged with multiple weight classes and fixed fights. Anybody can be champ or a chump. I don't see any honor in professional fighting.

I've known people who served in the military who could actually kill any UFC fighter you can name. Even so, these men are not prancing around and putting up a front. They use thier talents to help other learn to defend themselves. I believe that is a noble profession. The pop-culture world of UFC fighting doesn't appeal to me. I laugh inside when I see kids strutting around wearing their TAP-OUT gear.

I am sure your friends are nice and respectful. I just don't like the industry in general.

DD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yeah, but the goal of UFC is not to kill people... everyone in the ring is holding back, or else they'd get disqualified.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Is ufc like wwf (whatver its called now?) if so then I agree about the corrupt nature and not to tKe it seriously or support that organization. Now the i individual fighters arent usually the corrupt ones. They are the ones that get hurt. I'd be careful about giving support to the "club" itself if it is indeed corrupt. Its always important to find out.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

UFC is real fighting, like boxing, not staged, like the WWE. So it is subject to the potential for corruption with bribing, throwing fights, etc., unlike the WWE, which determines the winners before the match as part of an overall narrative and business plan.

But that's no reason to totally discount the UFC, as if it's all fixed. Where's the proof? Also, I notice some people use this, "Aw, these guys aren't so tough" response out of a sort of vicarious machismo, even though they personally wouldn't stand a chance in the ring. It comes across like a guy who thinks a supermodel he'd never have a chance with "really isn't that hot". Sorry, but these guys really are tough. They are well-rounded and well-trained.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i agree with Apognophos.....i train with many fighters pro and not pro. It is not staged, i believe the difference between mma and boxing is, if the ref see's a fighter in a compromised position than the ref will stop the fight. take the last benson henderson fight.....great refing.

I do believe it is a lot safer, when i roll or spar during training no one goes out for blood. usually if someone comes in for blood they will be kicked out of the gym. I have seen it first hand.

like i said it is a true friendship that is developed. the great thing about it is....if you don't believe what the other guy believes you are not ostresized.

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit