Rules for congregation changes

by UFCFan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

First of all, this post I made on another thread sums up why I want to change congregations so bad.

"Theres the other teenagers at the kingdom hall but it's not like I can tell them anything about how I really feel because they're all brainwashed and they'll tell the elders if I tell them something questionable. There's a girl I like that goes to my hall but I know I'll never be able to be with her because by the time I'm old enough to date by the watchtower's standards, I'll have moved away.

The worst thing is I can't even fake everything well enough to fit in with the other teens at the hall. I'm always the outcast and if I talk sometimes the so called 'friends' will straight ignore me, even the ones that say they're my best friends. And if everyone is standing in a circle and talking they seem to think it's ok to literally push me out the way and take my spot."

That's not the whole post but a lot of the problem and to sum things up quickly I'm fed up of getting ignored by the 'cool kids' at my hall. It got even worse because I used to be really good friends with this boy I know and he used to be the awkward kid without a lot of friends, and since we're so alike we became friends. But then he moved to a different congregation and when he was there he grew up a lot and now when he comes back to our hall he doesn't talk to me, just the cool kids.

Anyway because off all that I want to convince my parents(who are full time dubs) to let me change congregations. I know you're not supposed to but is there a loophole or something? I really want to get out of the congregation I'm in now.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I don't know how old you are but why don't you try socializing in your school, with your classmates, or make friends outside the cong? You don't really need the attention of the "cool kids" from the cong, you are way cooler than them only by posting here.

Get comfortable outside the congregation, the sooner the better.

There is no really loophole, you have to be an adult to change congs without the permission of your parents.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Make yourself some REAL friends not the "cool " fakes in your congo. That way when you do manage to escape you will not be stuck alone and starting out learning how to be normal socially.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Trust me I do want real friends but I'm not allowed to have friends from school. I mean, I can talk with them a bit but not do anythng like go to someone's house or invite them over or go to a non-witness party, etc...

• naazira
    naazira

Tell the elders how you feel, maybe they can suggest to your parents to let you visit other halls and meet other youths. Also, don't just limit yourself to friends ships in the congregation, reach out to your school mates, neighbors etc.

• naazira
    naazira

I've had witness classmates who befriended their classmates. Just because you can't go to parties or invite them over, doesn't mean you can't build meaningful friendships during school hours.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

I will try making friends outside the congregation.

About talking to the elders though, IDK how that would go because the lead elder is the father of the most popular kid here. Besides, I'm not trying to have to go to the elders for anything just to know if there's a loophole or something in the rule that says you can't change congregation.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

People do it all the time for any reason at all or no reason.

Tell your parents you have been "stumbled" because of the cruel treatment by the other kids, and now you are depressed And don't want to be a Jehovah's Witness anymore.

Kids that age can be brutal. Hang in there, it gets better as you get older. Go to college and meet people with ambition and career goals and an interest in something other than who's who at the local kingdom hall.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Great name UFCFan......go thru the motions....this too will pass. once you get old enough break away. if you get shunned for leaving my family or friends...then they never were family or friends.

like someone said....,make friends out of the hall.

I refuse to have friends in the hall....i barely talk to anyone. you know why??????because they are fake people.

this too will pass.

GTTM

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

BTW...do you watch the UFC? if so look up Nate Quary. he is an ex-JW. Great figher and person.

I also recommend start training in MMA or jui jitsu.

send me PM...I will give you more info on what training you could do. and remember the friends you make at the gym are true friends!

my older teenage son had similar issue as you. he has been doing MMA and jui jitsu and wrestling for a long time. so when the kids at the hall

started to be butt heads he just moved on...stopped talking and we allow and encourage him to have more friends out of the TROOF than in.

the friends at school and the gym treat him so much better.

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit